57, Female, Single, Burnie / Devonport / North Western Region, TAS
- Last online:
- 08 Dec '17
HeadlineKeen to meet guy who has time and flexibility to travel overseas. Preferably like me - can afford 5 star but chooses budget travel with a sense of adventure...
I'd like to to travel with a like-minded male to various places in Australia and especially overseas. I am well travelled and enjoy seeing new places and the unexpected positive things that happen when one is travelling. I enjoy organising trips and would like the security and companionship of a compatible travel companion. I live overseas and plan to for some undetermined time to come, but have quite a lot of holidays, of normally about two weeks, and can plan well in advance. I plan to return to Australia, most likely Tasmania, after retirement but my work right now is important to me.
I am honest, trustworthy, reliable and well organised and seek same. I enjoy visiting various places and learning about new cultures.
Eventual long-term relationship may be possible if it works out, but a good companion is great for now. I don't see myself sharing a house in the future but can see myself sharing life's pleasures with someone, like travelling, good food, picnics, walks in nature etc, so that someone would need to be fairly independent and used to being able to look after themselves. They would also need adequate means to travel often without working, although my travel is almost always low budget travel as I travel often.
I have high expectations of myself and others and am not a time waster. Having said that, I also enjoy relaxing whenever I can. Relaxing can include staying home pottering in the garden, reading, watching a DVD, chatting or swimming.
Since I don't have kids, I don't have much experience or interest in entertaining kids and, to be honest, I prefer adult company.
I wouldn't describe myself as an easygoing person but as level headed, realistic, unpretentious and someone who values life and what it has to offer. I try to make my time and life count.
At a glance
|Age||57 years old||55 - 66 years old|
|Location||Burnie / Devonport / North Western Region, TAS||Within 500km|
|Relationship status||Single||Widowed, Single, Divorced|
|Height||5'5/165 cm||5'8/172 cm - 6'1/185 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian||White / Caucasian, Mixed Race|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Capricorn||Scorpio, Pisces, Capricorn, Virgo, Libra, Taurus|
|Personality||Average||Private, Average, Social|
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
|Body type||Average||Slim, Average, A bit overweight, Athletic|
|children & pets|
|Have children||No, have no children||Sometimes living with them, No children, Don't live with them|
|Wants children||Doesn't want children||Doesn't want children|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|career & education|
|Education level||Post Graduate|
|Industry||Education / Science|
|Religion||Anglican||Atheist, Anglican, Catholic, Agnostic|
|Political persuasion||No strong beliefs||Right wing, No strong beliefs, Swinging voter|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Non-drinker, Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
Travel companion with time, flexibility and means to travel to unusual places. Kind, honest, down-to-earth, reliable, punctual, easy to get along with, patient, flexible, cope by themselves, intelligent, must be literate, preferably clean shaven, with no kids at home and not fashion conscious.
- Enjoy quiet music, especially instrumental, e.g. panflute. Like most popular and classical music. Don't like jazz, hard rock or opera at all. Don't often listen to any music really. Prefer peace and quiet, e.g. sounds in nature. Music is not at all important in my life. I hate continual noise.
- Enjoy reading, especially non-fiction. Rather read about investment than a woman's magazine about fashion or pop stars any day! Like biographies and autobiographies. Like to read the newspaper, whenever I have time. Don't have much time to read but when I do, I can become immersed in a good book.
- Movies & TV
- Rarely go to cinema, but enjoy a good laugh and popular movies. Enjoy watching DVDs at home but not action stuff or too violent or sci-fi. Very selective TV viewing - news, some movies and some series, e.g. Breaking Bad. Can go months without turning on TV. I'd rather no TV than one on all the time.
- Walking or bush walking - easy to medium level of fitness. I'm no fitness freak but I always walk quickly! Love water - swimming (not very fast!) most nights in summer. Enjoy easy canoeing and cycling. Zero interest in watching or playing organised sport. Dislike AFL, cricket, racing, motorbikes.
- Other Interests
- I enjoy my work; basic photography; keeping in touch with friends in different places via e-mail, phone and letter; driving to look at places, especially beautiful beaches; short camping trips; card or board games; investing - it's a challenge; gardening - I enjoy seeing the results. Not religious.