35, Male, Single, Canberra - Northern Suburbs, ACT
- Last online:
- 19 Sep '18
About me - headline
I'd like to think that I'm easy-going and honest. Send me a message and I'll get back to you as promptly as I can, so you can decide for yourself.
About me - description
I am a little old-fashioned - I tend to think that people should be honest and forthright with each other, and I shall endeavor to be.
In my relatively short working life, I've been a clerk, an actor, a singer, a teacher, a graphic designer, a programmer, an adjudicator and a gaffer. I love new challenges and I like to learn by figuratively jumping in the deep-end. I'm very open-minded and rarely refuse a new thing.
My otherwise unspecified interests have included camping, hiking, travel, karate, fencing, painting, writing, sketching and picnicking. I love national parks and visiting the zoo. Also, I like playing board games with my friends, and often look for bizarre new board games to try.
I'd like to think I'm easy-going, but I'm loathe to tell you what to think. Without being unduly immodest, I can say that I am a competent cook, without being particularly fancy, used to service my own car and perform most household fix-it jobs. I don't like using power tools though - Irrational, I know, and it means I tend to do those tasks a lot more slowly, but it's just one of those things.
I love going to live-shows (whether music, comedy or drama), but don't manage to as often as I used to. I'd rather go to a show with people than alone - I like to think that going to live-performances is better shared with good friends.
There are a number of things that I'd like to do but haven't yet:
I'd like to learn to dance.
I'd like to spend some time in a country that doesn't speak English.
I'd like to visit the other end of Australia - I've never gone west of Adelaide, or north of Bundaberg.
I don't take enough photos. I'd like to.
I think that there's still time to do all that - I'm in no rush. If I'm the type of person you might be interested in, send me a message.
At a glance
- 35 years old
- Canberra - Northern Suburbs, ACT
- Have no children
- Star sign - Scorpio
- 5'11/180 cm
- Eye colour - Hazel
- Hair colour - Light Brown
- Education - Post Graduate
- Education / Science
- No special diet
- Like pets but do not have any
his ideal partner
- 28 - 38 years old
- Within 25km
- Have no children
What I'm looking for
I really don't know what my ideal partner would be like. If you require me to specify in advance, then I'm sorry to disappoint. I hope you find somebody who is more clear in their expectations, and I wish you well.
- I have eclectic tastes, including (but not limited to): acoustic folk, yacht-rock, heavy-metal, grunge, choral, classic rock, jazz and independent music. I prefer to collect entire albums rather than selecting individual songs, and prefer to listen to songs that tell stories.
- I'd rather not read books which were written specifically so that they can be turned into shallow action films; If the primary character is the American president, and also a congressional medal of honour winner, I probably won't want to read it. That aside, I'll read anything - I love a good book.
- Movies & TV
- I like most TV shows and movies, but I don't like watching reality-TV shows that are predicated on humiliating the contestants - I feel bad for them. I like films that are character-driven rather than plot driven, and lately I've been enjoying television shows that have strong continuity.
- I'd rather play sports than watch them. I've played a little soccer and tennis, and I used to enjoy rock-climbing, but now would be happier belaying others - I think it took me a little while to develop a mild aversion to falling from heights. Also, every time I try to go skiing, tragedy ensues.