- Last online:
- 22 Oct '17
Headline“I'm a work in progress - still growing, still learning, still hopeful.”
I have a good, subtle sense of humour and love to laugh. I especially enjoy witty conversations and pondering the quirkiness of life. I'm demonstrative and tactile. I love the touch of a strong hand holding mine, a warm hug and the wonder of an unexpected kindness or kiss.
I tend to live each day as it comes - in the here and now; I forget about yesterdays and tomorrow is always a new adventure.
I love life. There's so much beauty and richness, adventure and fun out there: bushwalking, hiking, kayaking, visiting markets, book stores and pottering around the garden.
I'm independent, self sufficient, able and capable and I love my own space.
I'd like to invite someone to share this space. Someone who can make me laugh and can hold a good conversation, has a sense of adventure and is not too serious (but can be when required) - a friend, lover, companion. A man who's happy with his life and is willing to let me have mine with a good dose of togetherness, sharing and caring.
I've been told I have to kiss a lot of frogs before my prince turns up - I can wait.
I'm soon relocating to the Blue Mountains - hopefully to an active retirement.
At a glance
|Age||66 years old||62 - 72 years old|
|Location||Blue Mountains & Surrounds, NSW||Within 100km|
|Relationship status||Divorced||Widowed, Single, Divorced, Separated|
|Height||5'9/175 cm||at least 6'0/183 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian, Hispanic / Latino|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Pisces Check compatibility »||Virgo, Taurus, Pisces, Cancer, Sagittarius, Leo, Scorpio, Capricorn|
|Personality||Private||Average, Social, Private|
|Body type||Athletic||Athletic, Slim, Average|
|children & pets|
Yes, have children living at home sometimes
||Sometimes living with them, Don't live with them|
|Wants children||Doesn't want children||Doesn't want children|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any||No, like pets but do not have any, Yes, have pets|
|career & education|
|Education level||Diploma||Some college, Diploma, Degree|
|Religion||Catholic||New Age, Catholic, Anglican, Buddhist, Agnostic|
|Political persuasion||No strong beliefs||No strong beliefs|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Non-drinker, Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet||No special diet, Vegetarian|
What I'm looking for
A man who can make me laugh with a quirky irreverend sense of humour. A man who loves the outdoors, is active and is ready to start making memories. You won't impress me with your looks, degrees or acquisitions but I'll find your wit, intelligence, warmth, honesty and integrity irresistible.
- Classical, Blues, Soul and anything that has rhythm or I can sing along with. Joe Cocker (all-time favoured), Mental as Anything, Ray Charles and the golden oldies, soul jazz. Also enjoy the opera and ballet but it's only half the fun alone.
- Anything but never user manuals (except when desperate) I don't read the newspaper except on weekends. Always have a book opened somewhere. I enjoy Bryce Courtney, Lee Childs, David Baldacci.
- Movies & TV
- Non-violent, romantic, funny, foreign films; love Top Gear, SBS / ABC movies and series. I also enjoy AFL, NRL and Rugby (still learning about the more subtle rules), I'll watch a cricket game with you but need an expert to tell me when to get excited.
- Kayaking, walking & hiking, Yoga. I just love being active, preferably outdoors - not into beach walking unless of course you hold my hand. I swim if I have to - could get motivated with a waterproof iPod (I love skinny dipping though).
- Other Interests
- Antique shops, markets, gardening, crosswords - maybe you can help me with the cryptic one if I get stuck - scrabble, chess, camping, photography, arts & craft - did I mention Yoga? I'm a teacher and hold regular classes.