- Last online:
- 30 Apr '16
Headline“Enjoy outdoors, bushwalking, cycling, swimming, travelling, gaining knowledge; looking after the environment. Also relaxing over a bottle of wine.”
I am a young 68, officially retired but until recently working part time, also looking to see what else there is in life. Have enjoyed some travelling, including 7 weeks touring in South America in 2007, 10 weeks in Europe in 2011, and 16 days cycling in Mongolia in 2015. Fell in love with Cusco, Iceland, Mongolia. Inca history is stunning. Love to swim and ride bicycles; I enjoyed running, but it is getting a bit tougher. I don't watch sport very much - prefer to participate. I am involved with a couple of conservation activities. My 3 kids are married and independent; I have recently moved closer to them and now can spend more time with them. The occasional night at a pub or club is OK, but it doesn't appeal as a regular activity. I enjoy a BBQ in a backyard or in a sandy creekbed, with friends and a beer or wine. Now I have a very large backyard. My favourite food is yabbies. My 5 most positive characteristics? It is difficult to assess youself: caring, energetic, passionate (about some things), relaxed (about other things), an Australian sense of humour. I enjoy reading books that exercise my mind. ReIigion: the rsvp choices are limited; I chose atheist, but might be an animist or a sun-worshipper. I love the warmth of female companionship, and that is what I am missing right now. I would like a companion with some similar interests and energy.
At a glance
|Age||69 years old||40 - 60 yrs old|
|Within 50km of his|
|Relationship status||Divorced||Single, Widowed, Divorced, Separated|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Taurus Check compatibility »|
|Body type||Athletic||Slim, Athletic, Average, A bit overweight|
|children & pets|
Yes, have children who don't live at home
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine|
|career & education|
|Education level||Post Graduate|
|Religion||Atheist||Buddhist, Anglican, Jewish, Atheist, Other Christian, Catholic, Agnostic|
|Political persuasion||Left wing|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
I would like a person who is active and interested in staying that way, is interested in the world, has a warm nature and a good sense of humour, and likes to get out of town and into the bush or the beach. I find high heels and loads of make-up a turn-off.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- I like a range of music styles: folk, world music, some new and old pop music, and some classical. I don't like real loud music. Music doesn't hurt your ears, noise hurts your ears. Recent favourites Leonard Cohen, Christie Moore, Joan Baez, Jackie Leven, Bruce Cockburn.
- I probably like non-fiction more than fiction, but some fiction has impressed me: Franz Kafka, Salmon Rushdie, John Steinbeck, Joseph Conrad. Tim Flannery is a favourite for non-fiction. Like reading the history of other cultures. Recently enjoyed books by Annie Proulx and Carolan's Concerto.
- Movies & TV
- I watch very few "action" movies, and avoid most "old-time" movies. I watch too much TV, almost all ABC and SBS. Enjoy many foreign language movies. Can't stand soapies, game shows, Big Brother, footy talk shows, watch very little football.
- Take part in swimming, mountain biking, running, sometimes competitive. [Hmm! not much running these days.] Like to watch the Olympics, Commonwealth Games, Tour de France, occasional high level football events.
- Other Interests
- Science, politics, environment, travel, bushwalking, camping, could take up fishing again.