- Last online:
- 24 May '16
Djon82 (was Juanos82)
Headline“Too old for Tinder, too young and socially well-adjusted for eHarmony...”
How to sum up such an illustrious life and rich character in just a few lines?
I am a pretty grown up person that is not afraid to act a bit silly even though there are many things in this world that I take seriously. I am at peace with myself and know what I want with life, so I would like to meet someone in the same place for fun but meaningful company. My biggest fear is boredom, so I am often starting new ideas and projects to avoid this. I love learning more than anything else, and I do this through talking with people, studying and travel. I have done my time in the corporate scenario and now aim my life towards helping others. I am more interested in showing the world empathy and kindness through my work and relationships than finding ways to prove how I am better, faster, more alpha, have more things, or am able to meet KPIs.
I have been told I am a person of extreme opposites. I can wax lyrical pretty seriously about political science and anthropology (my current studies), however my sense of humour is forever unpragmatic and politically incorrect.
I travel as much as I can, study a lot, enjoy my wine, scotch and cooking, and am a passionate music nerd with a house full of vintage vinyl and books. Coffee is black, no sugar.
I like to think I am fairly "cultured" so would love to have a chat about music, books, and what is happening either on the global scale or on the streets of the Inner West.
If, like apparently 90% of people on here, you are an obsessive rockclimber and only stop rockclimbing to scubadive or get wasted and trip over your heels at the Races (when the rockclimbing centre is closed I guess), I am glad you are active and love those things but you will probably find me uninteresting! I am however outgoing and social and love being outdoors.
At a glance
|Age||33 years old||23 - 37 yrs old|
Sydney - Inner West, NSW
|Within 25km of his|
|Height||6'0/183 cm||5'0/152 cm - 6'3/190 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Occasionally / socially, Trying to quit, Don't smoke, Regularly|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Gemini Check compatibility »|
|Personality||Social||Very Social, Average, Social|
|Body type||Average||Average, Athletic, Slim|
|children & pets|
|Have children||No, have no children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Want (more) children of my own||Undecided, Want (more) children of my own|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any||No, like pets but do not have any, Yes, have pets|
|career & education|
|Industry||Hospitality / Tourism / Travel|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||Swinging voter, Left wing, No strong beliefs|
|Drinking habits||Often||Occasionally / socially, Often|
|Diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
Someone who prefers a coffee or wine and good chat in the beer garden to "bootcamps" and "tough mudders". A long walk or hike through a new place is more the way I would like to share time with someone. Someone to discuss ideas, laugh, learn and explore with.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- It is hard to get specific when I have over 1000 albums (real ones, not on iTunes) and like so much different stuff! Some favourite artists though are The Smiths, The Cure, Tom Waits, Weezer, Iron Maiden, Wu Tang Clan, N.W.A., Tori Amos, Miles Davis, Leonard Cohen, Prince, You Am I, Crowded House.
- I read a lot of anthropological and political material for my study, but like "proper" literature; favourites are Kurt Vonnegut, Albert Camus, Chuck Palahniuk, Milan Kundera, Dostoevsky, Murakami, Irvine Welsh, Raymond Carver, John Steinbeck, J.D. Salinger...
- Movies & TV
- The Sopranos, The Wire, Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire, Oz, The Office, Black Books, Blackadder, Insiders, Dateline, Q&A, The Drum, Seinfeld, 30 Rock. I watch mostly artyish films not blockbusters comedies; if you love the Jack Blacks and Adam Sandlers of the world, I'm probably just not that in to you.
- I am not really in to competitive or team sports, when I want to be active I hike or take long walks to explore (either at home or when I am travelling). I am a South Sydney supporter as far as the NRL goes. Apparently unlike everyone else on RSVP, I don't pretend to rock-climb and rarely snorkel.
- Other Interests
- I travel frequently, 35 countries at last competitive count. I study French and Indonesian languages. As I am also a student again now this is part of my desire to explore culture, places and humanity. The rest of my time involves playing guitar and gigs, as well as geeky academic seminars.