UltraTrails (was CityLights)
64, Male, Single, Blue Mountains & Surrounds, NSW
- Last online:
- 24 Apr '18
HeadlineSharing life's adventures
Would love to find a congenial companion to share life's many adventures. Travel, of course, domestic and international. Europe in particular, but open to many other options. Locally, I'm prone to jumping in the car and heading off on a whim, for a day, a weekend or more. So much more fun when shared.
How about dining? Dinner for one is not much fun. I bet you know some great restaurants.
But I need help. Help in raiding Cellar 29. Thanks to an accidental 30-year involvement with the national wine industry (nothing to do with my day job) I've been cellaring wines for decades. Sample the delights of carefully chosen aged whites and reds. Such a revealing and rewarding experience.
Health and fitness are also a focus. I took up trail running about 5 years ago. The affliction started with charity fund raisers, and soon morphed into ultra-marathons. Shock horror, I made the podium at a recent event on the Great Ocean Road, and another a bit closer to home (like, um, in NSW). And I'll be lining up for my third UTA100 in May. Keeping active and staying young - amazing fun.
But are there active people still out there? Judging by profile photos, they're few and far between. I haven't given up. I haven't resigned myself yet, and would dearly love to find someone who shares that sentiment.
And yes, I live in the Blue Mountains. Other side of the planet, apparently. If, like me, you haven't found your Ideal Partner living just around the corner, be adventurous. You just never know!
Enjoy life. Make the most of things. See you soon!
At a glance
- 64 years old
- Blue Mountains & Surrounds, NSW
- 5'9/175 cm
- White / Caucasian
- Personality - Social
- Eye colour - Blue
- Hair colour - Light Brown
- Body Type - Athletic
- Have no children at home - 3 children
- Have no pets
- Education - Post Graduate
- No strong political beliefs
- Occasional/social drinker
- No special diet
his ideal partner
- 52 - 60 years old
- Within 100km
- 5'0/152 cm - 5'6/167 cm
- Body Type - Athletic, Slim
- Education - Diploma, Post Graduate, Degree
What I'm looking for
A friend, partner; travel companion; enthusiastic, active; interested in simple pleasures and some finer things in life.
- Various, from mellow jazz to majestic symphonies. Till Brönner, Melody Gardot and Ludovico Einaudi are a few current favourites but always looking for more. Finding new music to enjoy is mentally and aesthetically stimulating. Addicted to Spotify and internet radio.
- Biography, history, family history, historic homes, science, medicine, philosophy. Currently reading Robert Macklin's, Hamilton Hume: Our Greatest Explorer. A fabulous account that sets the record straight on a significant achiever in our early colonial past.
- Movies & TV
- ABC, SBS
- Trail running and ultra marathons. Sad, but also life changing! Keeping fit and active are now a key part of my lifestyle makeover - better than botox; cheaper than food supplements; far more effective than alt med.
- Other Interests
- Federation furniture, early colonial art, antiques, playing tour guide. Photographing and identifying native plants, Lightroom, PlantNET.