- Last online:
Headline“Boomerang Pom finally makes his mind up that Australia will be home.”
I would like to say that I am 'Woody Allen meets Brad Clooney (sic.) but my friends would probably say I am 'Woody Allen meets Mr Bean' (with a touch of Hugh Grant? Well, I do stutter like him and I like his character in 'About A Boy.')
I also strongly identify with Macklemore's song 'Thrift Shop' which describes my passion with Vinnies and Ted Noffs, et al, to a 'T.'
I like to say that "I want a job, but I don't NEED one!' (Could say the same thing about RSVP, come to think of it but it's more of a defence mechanism. Then again, looking for a job on 'Seek' and looking for a lady on 'RSVP' are not that dissimilar. I mean, you send your 'CV' in and you hope the recipient will like what they read, and offer you the chance of a 'gig?'
I shall tell you a strange thing about RSVP. I thought that I would either meet someone and embark on a relationship, or, more likely, nothing would happen. What I never anticipated was a third option - making a (platonic) friend. It does not happen that often, but I have made a couple of really good friends (withOUT benefits I sometimes say, although I don't really mean it because you can never have too many friends can you?)
The thing that sticks in my mind about these friends is that they hate all the things I love - Beatles, Stones, football, pubs - but we get on so well. Conversely, I have met ladies whose profile is the doppelganger of mine but we never get on?
My point being, that what people put on their profiles is often irrelevant in terms of compatability.
I am easy going - hate to argue, though I do like to 'bicker' good-naturedly and I can say one thing I know is true. I do have a good sense of humour and that is what I like in a person, that and a kindly nature!
Time to go to the beach!
At a glance
|Age||61 years old||49 - 61 yrs old|
|Location||Sydney - Eastern Suburbs, NSW||Within 5km of his|
|Height||6'0/183 cm||5'2/157 cm - 5'10/177 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Taurus Check compatibility »|
|children & pets|
|Have children||No, have no children|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|career & education|
|Political persuasion||No strong beliefs|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
Kind, funny, easy-going, like 'Louisa' in Doc Martin, not mind if I want to watch Tottenham - it's only four hours twice a week after all.
- Female, for a relationship, dating, friendship or companionship
- FBI and JJJ for new music and I stick to my Beatles/Stones/Beach Boys CD's for oldies but goldies. (Revolver,Let It Bleed, Holland.) Also listening to Songs For Swinging Lovers since I've been having dancing lessons.
- The Australian (for The Times Xword & Doonesbury) I went to see Romeo & Juliet in Leura so I bought a complete Shakespeare @ Berkuelow and I've started at page one The Tempest. Let's see if I can stick all the way to the Sonnets around about 2015.
- Movies & TV
- True Blood, Sons of Anarchy, Gavin & Stacey, Outnumbered, Freezing? The History Channel, SBS World Movies. My fave movie is The Adams Family Values
- Tottenham Hotspur, Sydney Swans and England against Australia in anything.
- Other Interests
- I'm going to the beach every evening, mostly Nielsen Park as I like to both swim and watch the water and the day turn to night. Learning to ballroom dance - I know the basic moves to Waltz, Rumba, Foxtrot but I still cannot pick up the beat or the music to match the dance.