Headline“You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.”
Well...I grew up on a berry farm with my artist mum, lawyer father (training for the Olympics), a pet donkey, and a Bren Gun Carrier for a tractor...so I'm attracted to the unusual, am rather random, very accepting, need occasional nature fixes, don't know a tank from a tractor, and suffer from a chronic berry addiction. I have tiny hands too.
I've travelled far and wide, high and low, in circles and deep within...and yet there's more! I'm blessed with a home in both Melbourne and Hobart. I love living in the inner city for all its arty farty foody offerings, and by a rivulet for the sensory feast and tranquility...but I fear the burbs. Let's not visit them...ever. Let's just pole jump to the other side and make daisy chains together.
I'm passionate, creative, fiercely independent, socially conscious, highly imaginative, touchy-feely (in a good way!), devoted to those close to me, intelligent without being a smarty pants, and slow to anger...but have been known to be a tad feisty in an argument.
Some might liken my career path to the yellow brick road (thespian, restaurateur, and now clinical psych.). Alas, I have no ruby slippers, but I do have a wee mole on the tip of my nose.
I'm a bit of a dreamer and want the extraordinary: someone who can be challenging and expressive; will bribe me with berries and wrestle me for the doona; will argue that the weeds in my garden will help reduce carbon emissions; will understand my need to double dip in the raw organic honey pot; won't make fun of my fear of electrical cords, but will battle the pronged ophidian beasts until out of sight; will marvel at my oddness with a loving smile, and light an enduring spark. Hmm...
*Slowly making Melbourne my base again. Initially looking for phone/email contact.
At a glance
|Age||44 years old||40 - 54 yrs old|
|Location||Melbourne City, VIC||Within 25km of her|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Libra Check compatibility »|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|children & pets|
Yes, have children living at home sometimes
|Have pets||Yes, have pets|
|career & education|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Some college, Post Graduate, Degree, Diploma|
|Industry||Healthcare / Medical|
|Political persuasion||Left wing|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
A good egg. Someone creative with a tale to tell would be good. An earth lover and people person too. I'm also hoping you opted against the muscle or motorcycle profile pic and weren't seeking one of me in a bikini petting a tiger.
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- Patrick Watson, Thievery Corp, Cinematic Orchestra, K&D, Radiohead, Cohen, St Germain, Antony, A&J Stone, Volo, Nouvelle Vague, nu jazz, 3RRR, Bowie (the early stuff), Stevie Wonder (the funky stuff), vintage French & Italian (the sexy stuff)...anything that's haunting or gets me moving
- There's a definite neuropsych theme to my leaning tower of books bedside...but I love Kate Atkinson, Graham Swift, Jostein Gaarder, Ramachandran, Winton, Murakami, Roald Dahl, Dr Seuss, a good biography, cookbooks (but I admit it's for the food porn)...
- Movies & TV
- No telly, but certain series & docos - Sopranos, Boston Legal, Grand Designs, Suits, Monkey (uh huh), Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Sherlock; TED talks; Love a good flick, especially if quirky and non-formulaic...Amelie (but I can relate a little too much), Cinema Paradiso, Coen Bros, Wes Anderson
- yoga (I'm bendy); riding my push bike; wandering aimlessly for hours; household balloon tennis champ; outdoor activities rather than the gym; watching soccer (since working for QPR), although I nearly died at a Juventus vs Milan match.
- Other Interests
- my little champs; mind melding; clouds, storms, bright lights, twisted branches & windswept beaches; fetish for Danish light fittings; Art, architecture & design; writing, cooking, growing & creating stuff; live theatre, music & festivals; all things MONA; liquorice & pomegranates; being smitten