- Last online:
- 28 Apr '16
Headline“Meet me in Hogsmeade.”
Hiya I'm Huw. I've been pretty lucky in that I've made some really close friends from being introduced through online dating, so I recon that's a success story right there, but I am ultimately looking for someone special too :)
I'm a positive and creative guy; I value assertiveness, communication, emotional intellegence and my own instrospective nature. I can be quick witted at the best of times, with a sense of humour that can lean toward the quirky, dry and darker sides, but I'll own up that it's often riddled with mega lame dad jokes, sweet puns and ooooh such spectacular awkwardness.. I crack myself up aaall the time.
My passion is for creativity and creative thinking; I can get pretty excited and inspired by quirky things and clever ideas. I love hearing about other people's passions too, I think they define us as people way more than any job or our past can. I like trees and mountains and rivers. Having a coffee in a place with a funky atmosphere is a luxury I embrace as often as I can. I'm into lots and lots of things; I read a lot, photograph, write, illustrate, design, garden, craft, bike ride, bounce ideas, talk crap, binge watch shows and I build home/lifestyle wares from reclaimed materials, so I'm handy with fixing things and thinking outside of the box.
I think travelling is a great way to learn about yourself; going on adventures, embracing the unexpected and relying on intuition and instincts always has exciting results! I've spent most of my life moving around being a nomad, but for the last few years or so I've gained so much satisfaction from pottering and tinkering about, creating a warm home in Newcastle.
At a glance
|Age||30 years old||20 - 34 yrs old|
|Location||Newcastle & Surrounds, NSW||Within 50km of his|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian|
|Body type||Athletic||Athletic, Slim, Average|
|children & pets|
|Have children||No, have no children|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|career & education|
|Industry||Arts / Entertainment / Sport / Recreation|
|Political persuasion||Left wing|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
Someone genuine and earthy who is passionate about something, whatever it is in, passion is definitely one of the most attractive qualities a person can have.
- Female, for friendship
- I listen to eeeeverything, even daggy stuff..ahhhwhatamisaying, ESPECIALLY daggy stuff. I really like quirky sounding bands and I'm usually pretty darn happy with everything Triple J plays. ..That's probably a vague answer.
- Adventure/mystery/crime/action with rich imagery and strong characters worth following through lots of novels. Lee Child, Clive Cussler, Andy Mcnab. A standout from last yr is 'The first 15 lives of Harry August' I write/illustrate web comics, so I occasionally read Calvin&Hobbes for inspiration.
- Movies & TV
- Soft spot for Wes Anderson, Pixar and Studio Ghibli. Pushing Daisies, Firefly, Buffy, Chuck, Dexter, Breaking Bad, Gilmore Girls, How to Make it in America, Entourage, Community, New Girl, Parks and Rec, Veronica Mars, Long Way Round/Down.
- Watching a game..of..Thrones? Quidditch? I use to ski a lot and especially like hiking and bushwalking. Yoga is boss, accidental exercise like bike riding and aimless wandering about is prefered. Well I say aimless, but it's usually in the direction of a cafe.
- Other Interests
- Things that are an outlet for creative thinking. My background is in the film industry and I'm slowly making progress on a children's graphic novel. Psychology and science fascinates me. I like textures and touching things in shops, storms, adventures, nature, self development, writing, design.