I moved to Newcastle 7 years ago for a bit of life and entertainment after 4 years in a small north coast village I shall call 'Dullsville'. I love this city!
I try to be open and frank with others without being brutal about it.
I believe in fairness and commitment and keeping your word even when it's not so easy to do so.
I'm a bit shy with strangers but can be quite funny when I'm relaxed and happy, which is the way I like it. I enjoy the outdoors, bushwalking, playing in the surf (with or without the speedos), social tennis (who won that game?) but I'm not a driven personality and sometimes just blobbing about is fine too. Balance.
Self-employed and reasonably secure financially (not rich - not poor)) but I'm no workaholic and can easily be distracted by the most innocuous tempting offer. Reading is mostly escapism for me - quirky but brilliant detectives, spycatchers etc., and I do enjoy good historical novels too. Love comedy and have always been obsessed with the Goon Show. Maybe Prince Charles and I are the only two left!
I keep an eye on world/Australia events and I love Oz politics as a spectator sport (could never be involved! -weird) but I realise I don't actually run the world and I would rather have a chat while preparing a meal together than glue myself to the news. Stuff still seems to happen whether I watch it or not!
Oh and game players should look elsewhere. I don't consider this to be a game......... Unless you would like a game of chess. I DO love chess - but only at beginners level. Don't just crush me!. OK? It reminds me of cricket....and life actually.
At a glance
|Summary||Drowningnotwaving0's details||Drowningnotwaving0's ideal partner|
|Age||73 years old||65 - 120 yrs old|
Newcastle & Surrounds, NSW
|Within 100km of his|
|Body type||Average||Slim, Average, Athletic|
|Height||6'0/183 cm||5'0/152 cm - 6'0/183 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Have children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine|
|Political persuasion||Swinging voter|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Cancer Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
Someone who is an open minded and independent thinker and can tolerate other viewpoints without either being swamped by them or necessarily being in total agreement. Someone who is active (but also knows how to be still sometimes), who is spontaneous, enjoys cuddles, physical contact and adventures
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- Opera, Jazz(not modern), Elvis (the King is in the building), Wilberries, vintage Rod Stewart, ABBA, classical (Ravel's Bolero!!) Most music except rap crap and that atonal stuff. Where is THAT going?
- Try to get through the weekend papers before the following weekend. SUDOKU slows that process down quite a bit.
- Movies & TV
- Comedy (esp. British) serious science fiction (2001 Space Odyssey, EARLY Star Trek, used to leave work on a deadline to get home to watch DR. Who, but that was about four Doctors ago) Braveheart in spite of Mel, Million Dollar Baby, Just loved Twins. Anything with Danny DeVito (Tin Men; Get Shorty)
- Love Test cricket in spite of the people in the current Australian team and also watching the big end of season/State of Origin football games (incl. AFL - They mean well!)
- Other Interests
- I'm always doing up a house it seems, so if I have a hobby it would have to be going to Bunnings!
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if Drowningnotwaving0 is online now.
- Get to know Drowningnotwaving0 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 28 May '15