A pleasure shared is a pleasure doubled !
Do you enjoy eclectic everyday adventures, mysterious plotting and planning, committing random acts of kindness, stopping to smell the roses, a bit of banter and being a bit left of centre?
I feel most energised being around bright, interesting and positive people, and when I'm learning (anything). Those who know me well have said I'm thoughtful, witty, generous, articulate, honest, playful and even, dare I say it, mildly smart (they're too kind!) Former housemates have variously described me as "handy", considerate and organised, but I confess to only gradually (but enthusiastically) developing my culinary skills - as a wise Chinese luminary once declared, "it does not matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop"!
Enjoy spending time with those near and dear - chatting, observing, exchanging ideas and simply shooting the breeze. Also love just chillaxing at a cafe (conversational silence anyone?) or following interesting diversions as they present themselves. Enjoy a weekend that's energetic or a even little lazy. Love a great laugh, and find humour in both the grandiosity and the minutia (and if you can laugh at yourself you'll always be amused eh?)
I'm comfortable with life's ups and downs, and being "in my own skin", and I'm also always open to diverse challenges to grow, develop and expand those horizons. Interested in both connecting with like-minds and being stimulated by others. I try to keep life fairly simple (although it sometimes bites back) - it's important to keep room for the authentic people and experiences that really matter and make life worthwhile don't you think?
Hhhmmm... isn't it about time we stopped missing out on each other? Looking forward to meeting you over a cup of something wonderful and seeing what develops...
At a glance
|Summary||pleasuredoubled's details||pleasuredoubled's ideal partner|
|Age||48 years old||37 - 50 yrs old|
|Location||Sydney City, NSW||Within 100km of his|
|Body type||A bit overweight||Athletic, Average, Slim|
|Height||5'11/180 cm||5'4/162 cm - 6'0/183 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Relationship status||Single||Widowed, Separated, Single, Divorced|
|Have children||No, have no children||No, have no children|
|Personality||Average||Social, Average, Private|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||Other Caucasian|
|Religion||Other||Anglican, New Age, Agnostic, Other Christian, Catholic, Buddhist, Other|
|Political persuasion||No strong beliefs||No strong beliefs|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Sagittarius Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||Other special diet||No special diet|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Degree, Post Graduate, Some college, Diploma|
|Industry||Arts / Entertainment / Sport / Recreation|
What I'm looking for
Realises that style & class are really not just about what's on the outside. Substance, wide/varied interests, engaged with current issues, appreciates chivalry/manners. Smiling eyes, kind hands, a warm soul. A ready laugh & playful spirit is a must - bonus points for a bit of sass, quirk and cheek!
- Female, for a relationship, dating or friendship
- The 80's and 90's spawned some greats. Also enjoy other miscellaneous pop/rock hits as well as a varied selection from classical to chill to acid jazz to electronica and "world", as well as some soundtracks ocassionally (but hold the rap, doof and opera please!)
- SMH, Time, Adbusters, Green. Short stories (eg. Bryson, Sedaris). "Freakonomics" guys, Malcolm Gladwell and Paleo people. Enjoy grappling with Ken Wilber and other philosophy/psychology/spiritual writers. Always amused by clever signs and slogans. Do podcasts, audiobooks and TED talks count?
- Movies & TV
- Let's go! Prefer indie/foreign, but also enjoy the "quality" end of Hollywood (with an occasional blockbuster for fun). Enjoy the odd thought-provoking doco. Love the big screen and also a DVD with the right company. TV (infrequent) tastes similar but include news/current affairs (ABC/SBS).
- Walking (urban and bush - the longer the better) - mountains especially (back to Himalayas soon hopefully), occasional bike ride and, at the moment, "garden gym". The odd encounter with yoga, Pilates, weights & Tango. Almost got my black-belt. Jousting (kidding!) Can massage be a sport ?
- Other Interests
- General loafing, people watching, miscellaneous mischief. Great breakfasts & coffee. Reading widely, viewing curiously, yakking intelligently, evolving consciously. "Spice", "feist". Dichotomies, independent thinkers, canoodling. Architecture, design, sustainability, nature, meditating, biohacking.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if pleasuredoubled is online now.
- Get to know pleasuredoubled safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 29 Jul '15