NorthHeadBoy (was NorthHead70)
47, Male, Divorced, Sydney - Northern Beaches, NSW
- Last online:
Headline"Love, love is a verb. Love is a doing word. Fearless on my breath. Gentle impulsion. Shakes me, makes me lighter. Fearless on my breath." Massive Attack
I'd like to think that I'm honest and open with a sense of humour (though it's a bit of a stretch for some - Monty Python meets Eddie Izzard kind of gives you a clue). I'm generous and a gentlemen but I can't stand fakeness, rudeness and dishonesty. I'm just looking for someone with the same values and vaguely on the same wavelength.
Music is very much a soundtrack for my life [Metallica-Mozart-Massive Attack covers the range - ever tried playing all simultaneously?!]. And if you are like me, certain songs will have real meaning and take you very quickly back to a particular time and place. Though I have an iPOD nano, I'm not an Apple sheep - haven't got an iPhone: Samsung Galaxy 5s bounce a lot better with less screen shattering (go on try it)!
Love to ski but haven't done it for ages - MUST find an excuse to go to Japan to ski. I'm told it's awesome!
Love to cook and barbecue and [try!] to make people happy with good food.
Love where I live on Northern Beaches and the potential of sharing that love with someone who gets the stuff that I value.
I want to meet someone to make me laugh and [yes] laugh at my puns and jokes! Works both ways doesn't it? I want to be able to talk about the things that interest me, knowing that that person either shares those interests or, at least appreciates them.
Why? Because I am interested in new experiences and will be will listen to and learn the passions and interests of the right person too.
At a glance
|Age||47 years old||32 - 50 years old|
|Location||Sydney - Northern Beaches, NSW||Within 100km|
|Relationship status||Divorced||Widowed, Separated, Divorced, Single|
|Height||5'10/177 cm||at most 5'11/180 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke, Trying to quit|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Taurus|
|Body type||Average||Athletic, Slim, Average|
|children & pets|
Yes, have children living at home sometimes
|Wants children||Doesn't want children|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|career & education|
|Education level||Post Graduate|
|Industry||Sales / Marketing|
|Job role||Senior Management|
|Political persuasion||No strong beliefs|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
Someone who understands me for me, who can receive and appreciate compliments and attention for what it is meant and who is prepared to be open enough to allow things to develop and happen.
- Adele (first in the list only as it's an A and my !), Supertramp, Foo Fighters, John Mellencamp, Blur, Gorillaz, Beethoven, Bach, Mozart, Bob Dylan, Pink Floyd, Green Day, Radiohead, Dire Straits, ELO, Powderfinger, etc.....
- News and current affairs -don't read many novels, though don't mind a bit of John Grisham!
- Movies & TV
- Non-Hollywood movies best eg Jean Reno in 22 Bullets - French and The Intouchables(though Hollywood is okay if it has Al Pacino or Robert Dinero - eg HEAT). TV - Craig Ferguson Late Night, Masterchef (Aus and UK on and off), Keith Floyd, Jamie's crusade titles, Anthony Bourdein's No Reservations.
- Snow skiing (recently got back into it - they say it's like riding a bike.. even if the bike is a tad rusty!)..Bit of gym, running, boogieboard/body surfing, bush walking.
- Other Interests
- Cooking, music, road-trips, bush walks and getting outdoors in this fantastic climate in Sydney. Don't mind good cinema, music (rock and classical - draw the line at Opera!) and trying out new and interesting cuisines.