- Last online:
Headline“Hello everyone. Well, here I am. That old saying, nothing ventured, nothing gained, comes to mind as I type these words.”
I am a reasonably happy, very independent, outgoing (maybe sassy :-)) intelligent person. Kind, honest and generous. Love laughing (can tell a good joke) and most of all, believe I still have a huge amount of love to give someone out there.
I am a nurse by profession and for the past 30 years, have run a business across Australia, teaching phlebotomy. I love my work. I love taking blood (sad really when you think about it! And Please hold the Dracula jokes unless you can come up with something new that I have not heard before.......LOL) but I know I make a difference out there when a person has to have it done. My work, along with my family, has filled my life for such a long time but I know I am not content. I have 2 beautiful supportive daughters and a 6 year old grand daughter who has made the world all bright and new again.
I miss the romance - I want that special warm feeling when you look up and he is watching you with that smile. I am constantly reminded how much is missing, in fact how essential it is, to have that special someone - the one toothbrush, the meal for one, travelling on a plane on a Sunday afternoon.
Lots I like to do in life,Many activities and interests. But, there is something I have come to realise. You can be doing anything or absolutely nothing and be the happiest you have ever been, simply because of the person you are with. Yes?
So, to finish, you get to the stage in your nearly content life where you know that it is not enough and think 'Maybe, if I try hard enough and look long enough, I may just find that someone who will be the last piece of that wonderful puzzle that will make life complete.
So, with some trepidation and cautious excitement, I take the plunge. Who knows, you might just be there when I log on next:-)
At a glance
|Age||65 years old||49 - 55 yrs old|
Melbourne - Eastern Suburbs, VIC
|Relationship status||Divorced||Single, Divorced, Widowed|
|Height||5'9/175 cm||6'0/183 cm - 6'3/190 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian||White / Caucasian|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Capricorn Check compatibility »|
|Personality||Social||Social, Very Social, Average|
|Eye colour||Blue||Other, Blue, Hazel, Grey, Black, Brown, Green|
|Hair colour||Blonde||Auburn, Blonde, Grey, Black, Light Brown, Dark Brown, Red, White|
|Body type||Average||Athletic, Average|
|children & pets|
Yes, have children who don't live at home
||Yes, have children living at home, Yes, have children who don't live at home, Yes, have children living at home sometimes|
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any||Yes, have pets|
|career & education|
|Education level||Degree||Some college, Post Graduate, Degree|
|Industry||Healthcare / Medical||Financial Services, Healthcare / Medical, HR/Employment / Training, Defence / Emergency Services, Construction, Property / Real Estate, Manufacturing / Industrial / Engineering, Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology, Education / Science, Legal, Consulting|
|Job role||Business Owner||Senior Management, Professional, Management, Business Owner, Technical|
|Political persuasion||Swinging voter|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
Romantic, funny, intelligent, quirky
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- Love everything from Bach to Beatles to Blues.Pachabel - brings tears Adele Cold Play, Snow Patrol Eskimo Joe, Ki of L, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club -'All you do is talk' - beautiful! Norah Jones - Come away With me, Daft Punk!! lose yourself to dance - I do !! The Heavy, Black Keys- Sydney! Great!
- Love a good book. Travel extensively. Library reflects how often! Love that excruciating feeling when you are torn between reading on or rationing it so it lasts longer. W/E newspapers - - late brunch, good coffee and that special someone - nothing better.
- Movies & TV
- Love them . Seen 1000s. Special moments - Shawshank. Pretty woman - snapping the jewellery box on the fingers- just know it wasn't in the script! The Sting! The ending - Who knew? Love Actually, Four Weddings.Lots - too many to list. T.V. not much - Good british drama comedy-Spicks, Gruen, Q&A QI
- Love swimming - ocean. Love to go to the tennis. More from the sidelines than active. Would like to get back into it. Need a partner! Bike riding
- Other Interests
- Play piano, draw, like card games - watch out! Love old victorian houses and gardens. Live bands, conversation- on anything!