Hi, I am an interesting person with a wide range of general knowledge which surprises me sometimes. I love learning things by serendipity and having my horizons widened.
I am a romantic, but will come to a realistic understanding pretty quickly if given the chance. I love travelling especially to the UK and NZ always by my self, and meeting people in youth hostels, on trains etc. I love going as a traveller rather than a tourist, so it frees me to do things on spec. I liked it when a wild parrot, a kaka, sat on my knee in Stewart Island in NZ eating apple, I have a nice video of this!
I love to spend time on my cross stitch while watching TV. I love a dinner which time is taken with the preparation and eating, although when pressed baked beans is alright by me.
I find black and white views of things hard to accommodate as there are lots of sides to things, but I will test all things if necessary and hope to spot time wasting passion on matters which don't really matter.
I love to laugh and like British comedy of the absurdist, satirical kind. My parents took me to see Eric Sykes and Jimmy Edwards in Big Bad Mouse in Sydney. I love Spike Milligan and grew up with The Goons.
I love history and try to apply the big picture with the personal.
I am passionate and love a good hug, and sometimes go into bat for the underdog.
At a glance
|Summary||Huonpine6's details||Huonpine6's ideal partner|
|Age||56 years old||50 - 70 yrs old|
|Location||Hobart City & Southern Region, TAS||AUSTRALIA|
|Height||5'10/177 cm||5'7/170 cm - 6'2/188 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Have children||No, have no children|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European||Other Caucasian, North European|
|Religion||Born Again Christian||Anglican, Born Again Christian, Other Christian|
|Political persuasion||Swinging voter||Swinging voter|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Aquarius Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet||Other special diet|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets||Yes, have pets|
|Industry||Healthcare / Medical|
What I'm looking for
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- Wide taste in music except "experimental", punk, American Country. Love great classic music of all eras.
- Gerald Durrell, CS Lewis, Clive James, JRR Tolkien, Simon Shama, Bill Bryson, Arthur Ransome, Janet Frame, Henry Lawson, Philip Yancey
- Movies & TV
- Any thing with Monty Don, Kevin McLoud, James May, Simon Shama, David Attenborough, Waldemar Januszczak, Kenneth Clarke, Jacob Brownowski, in it. Coast, River, Mountain, Town. Babett's Feast, Lord of the Rings, Whale Rider, My Brilliant Career, Metropolis, and lots more.
- Body surfing, riding horses.
- Other Interests
- Bush walking, Cross Stitch, Gardening, Community Tidy Ups, Cooking, Travel, Singing acapella. Visiting galleries, museums, open gardens. Playing the piano (sketchily) drives in the country. Live music, Cygnet Folk Festival. Taste of Tasmania. I love Geology, the arts. astronomy, theology.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if Huonpine6 is online now.
- Get to know Huonpine6 safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 21 Dec '14