68, Male, Separated, Sydney - Northern Beaches, NSW
- Last online:
- 14 Nov '17
HeadlineLife is an adventurous journey, and can be a lot more outrageous than we think. As Jesus said, 'I am the light of the world. Follow Me.'
I am a follower of Jesus, and I have a passion for freedom - not only physical, but also mental and spiritual. From this comes responsibility and true happiness. I love to talk and laugh over a cup of coffee or a glass of wine, among friendly people of all beliefs. I enjoy conversation - about people, world events, funny things politicians do, current sporting events... a whole range of subjects, including important issues such as the meaning of life.
As a teenager I developed a fascination with different cultural groups, wildlife, and physical features of the world. I became a surf lifesaver, and got a great buzz from resucing people, as well as the discipline of teamwork, and understanding waves, rips, and ocean currents. At uni I studied philosophy, psychology and ancient history. I've done some great journeys across parts of Africa and South America, and lived and worked in UK, US, South Africa and Iran. Also I've joined crews on yachts, and sailed from Malta through the Mediterranean, the Atlantic and the Pacific to NZ. I now live near the ocean in northern Sydney, and love to swim the 1km around the reef - sometimes with a snack of fresh seaweed on the way. also I snorkel over the reef, and run on the beach to keep fit, and sometimes get out my surfboard.
I believe in social justice, and for many years worked for a human rights organisation, helping people who are persecuted for their faith in many parts of the world. I'm not impressed by riches or fame, but do respect financial responsibility. Some of the most impressive people I've met often live the simplest lives.
Freedom starts in the mind and heart, and many who think they are free, are captives. The love of money is the root of all evil, but with God's love we can taste true freedom.
At a glance
|Age||68 years old||45 - 60 years old|
|Location||Sydney - Northern Beaches, NSW||Within 100km|
|Relationship status||Separated||Widowed, Divorced, Single|
|Height||5'11/180 cm||at least 5'1/154 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Taurus|
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
|Body type||Athletic||Slim, Athletic|
|children & pets|
Yes, have children who don't live at home
|Wants children||Doesn't want children|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets|
|career & education|
|Education level||Some college|
|Religion||Born Again Christian||Born Again Christian, Other Christian|
|Political persuasion||No strong beliefs|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
A forgiving nature that comes from a deep revelation of God's love though faith in Jesus - so we can overcome offences and fears. A thinker, free from PC, interested in history, creation, a deep, uncomplicated life. We laugh at each other's jokes, become friends, and become surprised by love.
- Some great Christian worship, also Pink Floyd, Eric Clapton, Norah Jones, U2, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, Beatles... Beethoven, Mozart... All sorts of music... but not too much rap and tuneless, discordant chanting, shouting etc.
- Weekend Australian, history and histoical novels, Bible, Shakespeare... All kinds of books about human behaviour, history, Biblical revelation, Creation etc...
- Movies & TV
- Blood Diamond, Moulin Rouge, Les Miserables... many others with powerful story line. Not impressed with too many special effects, or long, boring plots, or vast majority of stand-up 'comedians' Mr Bean excepted!
- Fun in surf, ocean swimming, snorkelling, skiing Watching some NRL, international rugby, a little cricket - not too much sport spectating... not into the 'fan'scene, or any kind of celebrity culture.
- Other Interests
- Walking in mounttains, world events, travelling in Middle Easts - or many other places... so much interesting stuff going on everywhere... experiences that stretch the mind, and provoke deep thought and sometimes deep laughter.