80, Male, Widowed, Central Coast & Surrounds, NSW
- Last online:
- 25 Apr '18
HeadlineI need a SOULMATE and/or DANCING PARTNER who is "Getting Older but Thinking Younger" and is happy, intelligent, spiritual, witty, articulate, playful & loving
WHAT IS SO GREAT ABOUT BEING A GOTY? Even though I am "Getting Older" I am "Thinking Younger" and am not aging as rapidly as most others my age (and younger) because I am enjoying a boredom-free life without any daytime clubbing, booze, or TV. That is partly because after the sad death 13 years ago of my beloved wife of 46 years, my 5 adult kids dragged me out of my despair by motivating me into continuing to be socially & physically active. They broke the downward cycle of my going to the cemetery most days, by taking me to parties, introducing me to new people, & organizing regular family dinners as their mother had always done. They encouraged me to continue my early morning power walking and to take up social dancing again.
I was physically, intellectually, emotionally and spiritually regenerated by their loving support, my growing social circle and increased fitness. My penchant for repartee & humour returned and I went back to my libretto for a Musical Comedy & altruistic Post-Doctoral research. For relaxation, I began training for Ballroom Dancing medals at 68 y.o. and ultimately started competing in Ballroom Dancing and Argentine Tango (see Tango Floor Show photos). I was 73 when I won the Australasian Ballroom Championship with my beautiful 33y.o. Tango partner. I ticked that off my bucket list and returned to social dancing - mostly interpretive dancing to live Jazz (Q; F; JW; LA; R&R) & we have a ball.
I look and act younger than 80 because I am health conscious; mentally & physically active; & chill-out with music, by taking a forest or beach walk, or entertaining friends and family. I'll do this until the Good Lord grants me long service leave as he did my dear Mother at age 94.
Thus, I need a SOULMATE with whom to laugh and dance happily through life.
At a glance
- 80 years old
- Central Coast & Surrounds, NSW
- 5'6/167 cm
- Mixed Race
- Star sign - Virgo
- Personality - Social
- Eye colour - Green
- Hair colour - Dark Brown
- Body Type - Average
- Have no children at home - 5 children aged 47 to 57 yo
- Don't want children
- Like pets but do not have any
- Education - Post Graduate
- Education / Science
- Other Christian
- Swinging voter
- Occasional/social drinker
- No special diet
his ideal partner
- 66 - 85 years old
- Within 100km
- Widowed, Single, Divorced
- 5'0/152 cm - 5'8/172 cm
- Body Type - Athletic, A bit overweight, Slim, Average
- Have no children at home, Have no children, Sometimes have children at home, Have children at home
What I'm looking for
My ideal partner has a positive outlook on life & is certainly not "Waiting for God". She is a nurturer who loves her family & is loved by them as I am by my family. She is happy, active, fit, intelligent, thoughtful, spiritual, witty, honest, articulate, playful & is ready for a loving relationship
- Classical; Opera; Jazz; Blues; R&R; A Cappella; some Pop; basically anything instrumental or vocal to which I can dance, improvise, sing along, or harmonize - excepting some (but not all) head-banging music. I love many modern Australian symphonic, concerto, chamber and didgeridoo compositions.
- Currently re-reading some of the literary classics and great poetry. I spend more time keeping up with news from the scientific, medical, health, computing, and international political scenes. Although friends say I am "a fund of useless information", they call me for advice and T.Pursuit answers.
- Movies & TV
- I love musicals, comedies, and well-written, emotionally dramatic movies and TV series produced in Europe and the UK. I have also laughed or cried when viewing Australian icons such as "The Castle", "Rabbit-Proof Fence" and "The Sapphires". I love the Vivid & Sydney Festivals.
- Body Surfing; Walking; Social Dancing (Ballroom; Latin American; Rock & Roll; New Vogue; English Old Time; Disco; Argentine Tango). A GOTY WOMAN's inability to dance is not a deal-breaker. There are countless other activities that loving partners can enjoy together: both indoor and outdoor.
- Other Interests
- I am an Ecumenical, Spiritual Christian and social activist. Although I am a sinner in the eyes of God, I have thrown the first stone at those, including clergy, who abuse their power to deprive others of their innocence, legal rights, property, self-respect, reputation, sanity &/or will to live.