- Last online:
- 19 Jun '16
Headline“Girl seeks boy with a dazzling smile.”
Once upon a time there was a girl who believed in fairy tales. She especially liked Rapunzel, but she got nits in Grade 2 and her mother chopped her long, lustrous locks off. To make matters worse, the boy she had a private crush on in Grade 6( and shared her Crayola crayons with everyday for 4 long years) told her his heart lay with another girl ( who is now gay, partnered and lives with their three Pomeranian fur-babies in Vancouver). Go figure. :)
So instead of love she believed in other things....as a child she believed in Santa Claus long after it was socially acceptable. She also believed that Crunchie Bars could change the colour of her day when she ate one ( refer the lame 80's ad, with the video montage beaming out of your body when you ate one...she wanted to turn into the Cyndi Lauper chick, dancing up a storm in her bubble skirt and electrified crimped hair). She filled her life with fun, challenge and adventure, hiking up mountains, living in remote places, studying, back-packing overseas, writing short stories ( some good, some bad, some published) and unfinished novels, terrible poetry, poetry-slamming and seeing some amazingly cool bands.
The girl now is almost 40 and all her hair has grown back ( and look, no more nits!). I don't really think I believe in fairytales ( except re-written ones where women do not need to be rescued by a man), but I do believe there is someone that I can click with and hopefully wake up each morning with a huge smile and think "You're pretty darn cool". ( well most days of the week anyway :))
So where are you my independent, dashing post-modern Prince Charming?
PS Prince Charming must want children, at least one. Have simple pleasures and not be driven by materialistic things.
At a glance
|Age||40 years old||35 - 44 yrs old|
|Location||Central Coast & Surrounds, NSW||Within 50km of her|
|Relationship status||Single||Divorced, Widowed, Single, Separated|
|Smoking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Libra Check compatibility »|
|Personality||Social||Very Social, Social, Average|
|Body type||Slim||Athletic, Average, Slim|
|children & pets|
|Have children||No, have no children||Yes, have children living at home sometimes, No, have no children, Yes, have children living at home, Yes, have children who don't live at home|
|Wants children||Want (more) children of my own||Want (more) children of my own|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any||No, like pets but do not have any, Yes, have pets|
|career & education|
|Education level||Degree||Post Graduate, Degree, Diploma, Some college|
|Job role||Admin / Clerical / Secretarial|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||Left wing, Swinging voter|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
Humorous, intelligent, independent, humble, quietly confident and has emotional intelligence. Someone passionate/curious about life & people, a touch creative, has a social/environmental conscience. An 'inner calm', a huge smile and cooking skills would totally rock my world.
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- Gomez, Ben Folds, Ballpark Music, Vampire Weekend, Maximo Park, Fiest, Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs, Cake, Spoon, Andy Bull, London Grammar, Alt-J, Sarah Blasko, Laura Marling, Ameliana Torrini. Have just discovered electro-swing. Love love love seeing live bands.
- I love reading, literary fiction and non-.fiction, especially short stories. This year the novels I've got excited about are- 'What the Raven saw' and 'Cloudstreet'. I like to read the Sydney Morning Herald on weekends. Reading phrases on Church billboards & changing the lettering around in my head.
- Movies & TV
- Amelie (wish I cold be reborn as Audrey Tautu :) ), Touching the Void, Fight Club, Melancholia, Donnie Darko, Candy, Australian movies, Frontline, Chris Lilley series. I don't have a TV by choice but if I did I'd be watching the ABC or SBS. Love French/ indie films, anything a bit thought-provoking.
- Love bushwalking and long-distance hiking and have done some cool hikes around the world. Avid cyclist. Reading on the beach which should be a recognised sport. :) Drunk Jenga. Play the worse game of Chess you've ever seen, totally amusing to watch.
- Other Interests
- Banana smoothies. Proficient in burning food- lamb roasts, rice and eggs. Love mosaicing, art, writing, seeing bands. Expressive art and art galleries. Being outdoors and amongst nature-vast red deserts, huge mountains, snow, rainforests.