Just hit the 40s & looking to enjoy little pleasures in life, swimming, walking, listening and talking - and all the usual stuff - I know some good stories
The thing I miss about being in a partnership, is the companionship, so I know people talk a lot about chemistry on this site, but I'm interested and value the other C word, camaraderie, building a repertoire takes time but its what a relationship is about (friendship or otherwise). The other stuff, yep I have travelled - lived over seas - moved too many times - but the benefit of all that change in my life is that I have the ability to relate & create friendships with all types - the more diversity in thought the better (so clearly my friends are wide ranging). Love my kids (they are the friends I like to hang out with the most - but def value adult company to keep things balanced) and love my job.
Slightly obsessed w running (at least it's a healthy one) and recently started sailing. Anything to do with water is hard to resist! Likewise with music, (another soul mate). The most poignant songs have a knack of popping into my head at the right time. I like stimulation and people who are interested in the world around them, large and small. I have a lot of energy but I'm also learning to understand the importance of taking it down a notch - I have quirks, and i like quirks in others. I've definitely been described as complex (I'll take the positive side of that...you'd never be bored - ) but there is also my dichotomy of desiring the simple things ...Ie I admire that next door and those who do it well! It's a nice idea to think there might be a heart of gold for me to occasionally tap into or gently lean on and vice versa. So if you have a heart and it ticks, sometimes loudly (ie you are not afraid to show it) then as a friend, I will encourage, support and even reciprocate in kind.
At a glance
|Summary||Roaringforty's details||Roaringforty's ideal partner|
|Age||43 years old||37 - 51 yrs old|
|Location||Sydney - Inner West, NSW||Sydney - Inner West, NSW Sydney - Eastern Suburbs, NSW Sydney City, NSW|
|Body type||Athletic||Athletic, Slim, Average|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Trying to quit, Don't smoke, Occasionally / socially|
|Relationship status||Separated||Widowed, Separated, Divorced, Single|
Yes, have children living at home sometimes
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine||Don't want any (more) of my own or anyone else's|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Virgo Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
What I'm looking for
Intelligence, warmth, courage, energetic. Critical thinker but not critical. Interested in outdoors and indoors (art,music, reading, thinking), confident but kind. Perfection, vanities ,or snobbery leave me cold. Insight to who u r good & bad keeps things interesting, plus being w those of your age
- Male, for a relationship, dating, friendship or companionship
- Jazz, blues, classical, opera,so wide ranging, open to anything ... I love Prince, Smog, Neil Young, Leonard Cohen, Pink Floyd to give a bit of a flavor ...I listen to 2SER & Radio National and other random stations I like going to low key gigs, something different not always the tried and tested.
- Classics and Modern, Carson McCullers & Dostoyevsky are important for me -but just connecting to the right book at the right time & hopefully convincing a friend to read it too, makes the exchange richer. I'm reading Peter Carey right now. I don't read or like newspapers usually poorly written!
- Movies & TV
- Yes there is Tv - it can have its place but Less & less these days. Yep Sopranos was a pinnacle. I like a range of movies (even kids ones).Much like the book thing moderns/classics/foreign all on a case by case & more fun/interesting when u can share the commentary!
- Running, running, running! I ran the NY marathon and it was a great moment in my life! I sail in races(yep I'm competitive) just bought my first boat - a kayak - I hope to take my sons on the river and fish soon. I don't like watching sport that much anymore, tennis/Olympics etc pass
- Other Interests
- Theatre, love going to plays when I can, and I want to go to the opera more often - they are rich and indulgent- yet draining - it takes commitment!. Love galleries,art shows, festivals, outdoor community events. The beach especially. I've just started my Masters in Criminology
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if Roaringforty is online now.
- Get to know Roaringforty safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 09 Oct '15