A change of tack....
Some things I do now:
- live an active life that keeps the wind blowing in my face
- keep up with the events of the world around me
- prefer new experiences and ideas over comfortably familiar ones
- enjoy having my thoughts provoked
- try to walk a mile in other people's shoes (figuratively, of course ;-)
- become obsessive about the latest song/album to seize me, listen to it repeatedly and prosthelytise to friends
- read good books too quickly then mourn their loss
- poke fun at myself and the world around me (but I'm not a fan of mocking people, even if only in jest)
- feel privileged to know and spend time with my two sons.
Some things I hope to do in the future:
- encourage my son to become a wildlife photographer by taking him camping and wildlife photographering
- attend a classical music concert at least once every year
- revive my ambition to jam regularly with a group of musos
- attend the theatre
- start an album club
- volunteer regularly in some capacity
- learn Bahasa Indonesia before travelling there.
What you can expect from me:
- all of the above + hugs, loyalty, support, calm listening and irreverent humour.
At a glance
|Summary||Nevertheless's details||Nevertheless's ideal partner|
|Age||39 years old||18 - 42 yrs old|
|Location||St George, NSW||AUSTRALIA|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
Yes, have children living at home sometimes
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine|
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
|Political persuasion||Left wing|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Scorpio Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
What I'm looking for
Someone interested in the world around them, who likes ideas and likes to share them. Someone who likes sharing things in general, really...moments, thoughts, the latest song, quote or image to grab them. Someone with different experience and strengths to learn from and who wants to learn, too.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- Very eclectic music taste, ranging from lo-fi garage rock through psych to great songwriting. I like it soulful, funky or whacky. Also mellow stuff like Bill Callahan, Nick Cave, Calexico, Tim Buckley....just heaps, I can't possibly do justice. The ACO's performance of Beethoven's 9th blew my mind.
- Always looking for recommendations. Some names are Franzen, Coetzee, Orwell, Poe, Steinbeck, Wilde, Dr Seuss. Favourites include Fear and Loathing, Catch-22, The Corrections, Unbearable Lightness of Being, Dirt Music. I like reading chapter one of The Man Who Was Thursday - you should try it.
- Movies & TV
- Good company makes any film fun, love someone to join me for a Kurosawa retrospective, the Three Colours trilogy and to see some Ken Loach. Also docos, Coen bros, Scorsese, Kubrick, Lynch, Monty Python. B-grade trash is fun. TV: done a few of the popular binges. They're more fun with company, too.
- I watch cricket and some rugby league. I much prefer participating, though - surfing and squash mostly, but I'm up for anything. I also get co-opted into a fair bit of backyard cricket, the occasional frontyard cricket and quite a lot of loungeroom cricket by my cricket-mad son.
- Other Interests
- Playing guitar, seeing live music. Meditation. Riding my bike for transport and leisure. I love the beach all year round, including on blustery winter days or huge swells, for the scenery and senses. I quite like standing under waterfalls, too. Storms rev me up, sunsets chill me out.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if Nevertheless is online now.
- Get to know Nevertheless safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 09 Oct '15