Gentle man with an impish grin
Hi. It seems we all like doing pretty much the same things, so I'll introduce myself as a collection of characteristics rather than as a 'to do' list. Here goes:
I'm curious and open-minded, I like to engage with the world around me. I like sharing and hearing opinions on things - politics, books, music, movies, science (I love those mind-bending docos on pandimensional astrophysics you see on SBS from time to time). I tend to get a little enthusiastic when talking about something that has piqued my curiosity, actually, so feel free to rein me in.
I'm not materialistic or particularly interested in accumulating possessions - I see the utility of Ikea and visit when I must, but it's not my idea of a good time. I'm politically aware with a sense of social justice, but I don't like that feeling that I'm chanting among a gathering of the converted, so I'll sometimes play a somewhat cheeky (but respectful) devil's advocate.
I have two sons with whom I'm lucky enough to spend a lot of time. They're at a great age and are heaps of fun. I feel really fortunate to know them and I place a lot of value and pride in being as good a dad as I can be.
I'd like to meet someone who's up for things, someone who likes to spend their free time getting out and about - down to the beach, up on a bike, out to see live music or out of the city altogether. I'm also partial to an interesting film or exhibition, a coffee somewhere or maybe a civilised drink and a dash of beard spotting in a hipster bar...all the usual stuff, really. I have a couple of favourite restaurants up my sleeve, but I love trying new experiences.
I'm looking forward to getting to know people, to striking sparks and sharing some of the above. If you are too, I'd love to hear from you :)
At a glance
|Summary||Nevertheless's details||Nevertheless's ideal partner|
|Age||39 years old||18 - 42 yrs old|
|Location||St George, NSW||AUSTRALIA|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
Yes, have children living at home sometimes
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine|
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
|Political persuasion||Left wing|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Scorpio Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|Industry||Advertising / PR / Media|
What I'm looking for
Someone interested in the world around them, who likes ideas and likes to share them. Someone who likes sharing things in general, really...moments, thoughts, the latest song, quote or image to grab them. Someone with different experience and strengths to learn from and who wants to learn, too.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- Very eclectic music taste, ranging from lo-fi garage rock through psych to great songwriting. I like it soulful, funky or whacky. Also mellow stuff like Bill Callahan, Nick Cave, Calexico, Tim Buckley....just heaps, I can't possibly do justice. The ACO's performance of Beethoven's 9th blew my mind.
- Franzen, Coetzee, Dickens, Orwell, Poe, Steinbeck, Huxley, Conrad, Wilde, R. Dahl, Kerouac, Dr Seuss. Favourites include Hitchhikers' Guide, Fear & Loathing, Catch-22, Great Gatsby, The Corrections, Unbearable Lightness of Being, Dirt Music. I like reading chapter one of The Man Who Was Thursday.
- Movies & TV
- Good company makes any film fun, love someone to join me for a Kurosawa retrospective, the Three Colours trilogy and to see some Ken Loach. Also docos, Coen bros, Scorsese, Kubrick, Lynch, Monty Python. B-grade trash is fun. TV: done a few of the popular binges. They're more fun with company, too.
- I watch cricket and some rugby league. I much prefer participating, though - surfing and squash mostly, but I'm up for anything. I also get co-opted into a fair bit of backyard cricket, the occasional frontyard cricket and quite a lot of loungeroom cricket by my cricket-mad son.
- Other Interests
- Playing guitar, seeing live music. Meditation. Riding my bike for transport and leisure. I love the beach all year round, including on blustery winter days or huge swells, for the scenery and senses. I quite like standing under waterfalls, too. Storms rev me up, sunsets chill me out.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if Nevertheless is online now.
- Get to know Nevertheless safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 27 Jul '15