"When I get low, I get high..."
Hi. That quote above is from the Ella Fitzgerald song and I just love its optimism and energy. If ever I need a pick-me-up, I put this song on at high volume and sing along. My favourite scenes from the Big Lebowski do that job pretty well, too ;-)
I'm curious and open-minded, I like to engage with the world around me. I like sharing and hearing opinions on things - politics, books, music, movies, science (I love those mind-bending docos on pandimensional astrophysics you see on SBS from time to time). I tend to get a little enthusiastic when talking about something that has piqued my curiosity, actually, so feel free to rein me in.
I prefer listening to the radio over watching TV, camping by a beach over lounging by a resort pool, pubs over clubs, salt over sugar (except for dark chocolate).
I'm currently in my last semester of part-time study and am looking forward to new career opportunities come June. Actually, I'm looking forward to partying in June... The opportunities can wait till July.
I have two sons with whom I'm lucky enough to spend a lot of time, so a lot of my recreation revolves around adventuring, exploring, experimenting and just having fun, really. I like it. They're both great kids and I'm fortunate to know them.
I'm looking forward to getting to know people, to striking sparks and sharing some of the above. This will be fun.
At a glance
|Summary||Nevertheless's details||Nevertheless's ideal partner|
|Age||39 years old||18 - 120 yrs old|
|Location||St George, NSW||AUSTRALIA|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
Yes, have children living at home sometimes
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine|
|Hair colour||Light Brown|
|Political persuasion||Left wing|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Scorpio Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|Industry||Advertising / PR / Media|
What I'm looking for
Someone interested in the world around them, who likes ideas and likes to share them. Someone who likes sharing things in general, really...moments, thoughts, the latest song, quote or image to grab them. Someone with different experience and strengths to learn from and who wants to learn, too.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- Love gigs. 2SER, fbi, WFMU. Some band names include The Stooges, Velvets, The Cramps, Nick Cave, Zappa, Love, Pavement, Kurt Vile, Wilco. Roots/folk/country: Dylan, Hank Williams, Gillian Welch, Calexico. The ACO's performance of Beethoven's 9th was mind-blowing. Ask me, I love talking about music.
- Franzen, Coetzee, Dickens, Orwell, Poe, Steinbeck, Huxley, Conrad, Wilde, R. Dahl, Kerouac, Dr Seuss. Favourites include Hitchhikers' Guide, Fear & Loathing, Catch-22, Great Gatsby, The Corrections, Unbearable Lightness of Being, Dirt Music. I like reading chapter one of The Man Who Was Thursday.
- Movies & TV
- Good company makes any film fun, love someone to join me for a Kurosawa retrospective, the Three Colours trilogy and to see some Ken Loach. Also docos, Coen bros, Scorsese, Kubrick, Lynch, Monty Python. B-grade trash is fun. TV: done a few of the popular binges. They're more fun with company, too.
- I watch a bit of cricket, some NRL, occasional tennis. I prefer participating, though - surfing and squash. Does riding my bike count? I also get co-opted into a fair bit of backyard cricket, the occasional frontyard cricket and quite a lot of loungeroom cricket by my cricket-mad son.
- Other Interests
- Making pizza Friday nights accompanied by '50s R'n'B and red wine. Playing guitar, seeing live music. I love the beach all year round, including on blustery winter days or huge swells, for the scenery and senses. I quite like standing under waterfalls, too. Storms rev me up, sunsets chill me out.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if Nevertheless is online now.
- Get to know Nevertheless safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 19 Apr '15