- Last online:
- 23 May '16
Headline“Brainy and curious... with a sense of the absurd”
I have a flirtatious wit, a vibrant personality and an expansive imagination. I'm both a talker and a listener -generous, reflective communication (with both heart and intellect) makes my world go around.
I love words and stories and elusive poetic moments, but equally enjoy physicality -swimming, yoga, long walks, getting sweaty on the dance floor (not into clubs, but will dance to a fabulous booty shaking band on occasion or at a party)
I divide my time between Melbourne and regional Victoria where I am slowly renovating a house.... enjoying the contrast of a small arty town and stints in Melbourne.
My working life is eclectic -I'm very focused on human rights and social justice but have always balanced this with art/writing/film. I do bits and pieces of documentary work and public policy consultancy focusing on the arts and social issues.
I'm looking for friendship and fun to begin with-some good conversations works for me -tell me about a film that you found compelling/wonderful or what keeps you awake at night...
At a glance
|Age||45 years old||36 - 50 yrs old|
|Location||Melbourne - Northern Suburbs, VIC||Within 100km of her|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Taurus Check compatibility »|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Body type||Slim||Slim, Average, Athletic|
|children & pets|
|Have children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Want (more) children of my own|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|career & education|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Degree, Diploma, Post Graduate|
|Industry||Education / Science||Government, Healthcare / Medical, Advertising / PR / Media, Student, Arts / Entertainment / Sport / Recreation, Volunteer / Charity / Community, Legal, Hospitality / Tourism / Travel, Consulting, Education / Science|
|Job role||Professional||Other, Executive, Business Owner, Senior Management, Student, Management, Professional|
|Religion||Buddhist||Other, Buddhist, Agnostic|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||Left wing|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Non-drinker, Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
A man who is curious about other people, who can navigate the balance between talking and listening. Someone who has a sense of generosity and play. Someone reflective who thinks art and social issues are equally important.
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- Feist, Gil-Scott Heron, Cat Power, M Ward, Rokia Traore, Nick Cave & Warren Ellis,
- The Tall Man: Life and Death on Palm Island The Griffith Review Granta, The New Yorker, TLS Car number plates
- Movies & TV
- MIFF goer...Only really interested in Indie films... TV? Not really but HBO is great! Writing about Living with the Enemy at the moment, which I loathe, but have a lot to say about..
- Can't stand conversations about AFL. No interest. Will watch tennis but don't need to. I swim, run, do yoga, go dancing occasionally if there's a fabulous booty-shaking band in town.
- Other Interests
- Many! always curious about people, a sucker for a movie, love walking, a keen cook and market goer...art & design.