I am not Peter Perfect, but you know he's rather dull.
Victorian by upbringing, I still find Sydney a bit strange after more than a decade, but it is now my permanent home for reasons of family and career.
I am fit and have many passions - among them skiing, AFL, road cycling, fine wine and dining, travel, art and performing arts (I really should buy a seasons pass to the AB and STC). I can be a homebody too, handy in the kitchen and good at fixing things.
Fuelled by plenty of coffee, I consider myself sensible and logical, but experience suggests I may not be either. I have firm, rational and fact-based opinions on many subjects, but I'm prepared to discuss them and change them with better information. I'm told I can be very funny, but I have a serious side. It goes with my career (I was a journalist and editor for many years), which means some think I'm too well-informed and expect to discuss the big topics of the day when friends would rather chat about other things. I am learning, though, that there's a time and place for it.
I have travelled a lot and lived overseas (London, Milan, BC), and have promised my son he's coming with me on a big trip soon. I stayed with friends in the UK for about six months when I was 10, and it gave me a hankering to see the world and getting to know places and people. I want him to know there's a difference between travellers and tourists. Cruise ships? Shoot me first.
The negatives? Some might say it's my love of Monty Python's Life of Brian (is it a documentary?) Others don't understand why the snow appeals so much. But that's for you to work out.
At a glance
|Summary||LongMac's details||LongMac's ideal partner|
|Age||46 years old||33 - 45 yrs old|
|Location||Sydney - Eastern Suburbs, NSW||Within 25km of his|
|Body type||Athletic||Average, Athletic, Slim|
|Height||6'0/183 cm||5'4/162 cm - 6'2/188 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Relationship status||Divorced||Widowed, Divorced, Separated, Single|
Yes, have children living at home sometimes
||Yes, have children living at home sometimes, Yes, have children who don't live at home, No, have no children, Yes, have children living at home|
|Wants children||Undecided||Undecided, Don't want any (more) of my own or anyone else's, Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine, Don't want any (more) of my own ask me about yours|
|Personality||Social||Private, Social, Average|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Ethnic/cultural background||North European|
|Political persuasion||Swinging voter|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially, Non-drinker|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|Education level||Degree||Post Graduate, Degree, Some college|
|Industry||Advertising / PR / Media|
|Job role||Senior Management||Senior Management, Executive, Professional, Management, Business Owner, Technical|
What I'm looking for
Direct and straightforward, but kind and sensitive. A friend, a lover, a companion. Someone who is intellectually stimulating and articulate, who appreciates creativity but also doesn't mind a day off from a busy life. Any smart, attractive, fit, food-loving, bike and snow-mad arts fans out there?
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- Eclectic: Beatles, U2, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Spiderbait, Pixies, Powderfinger, Tom Petty, Children Collide, Black Keys, Blur, Gorillaz, Beck, Moby, Coldplay, Radiohead, KD Lang, Leonard Cohen, Bowie ... but never, ever Phil Collins.
- Lots. Books, magazines, online. Christopher Hitchens; Sam Harris; George Megalogenis; New Scientist. Economist. New Yorker. Ski mags. Biographies. And some fiction - historical, sci-fi, thrillers.
- Movies & TV
- Not enough time but when I do - think State of Play, Casino Royale, Fargo, Bourne Identity, Life of Brian, Princess Bride, Master and Commander, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, Blade Runner, and almost anything French. TV: 7.30, PM Agenda, Insiders, West Wing, Newsroom, Game of Thrones, Homeland, Rake.
- Skiing, lots of road cycling, tennis, squash, skiing, and skiing. Big fan of AFL (follow Carlton and the Swans), and enjoy rugby union. I'm also training for some challenging bike rides. Soccer ... maybe. NRL is not to my taste.
- Other Interests
- Many. I'll start with: Dining out, theatre, ballet, art, movies, politics, history, and building Lego spaceships and making videos with my son.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if LongMac is online now.
- Get to know LongMac safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 28 Aug '15