- Last online:
- 29 Jul '16
Headline“being alone never felt right. sometimes it felt good, but it never felt right." - Charles Bukowski”
If you're searching for a knight in shining armour then I'm probably not your type as I can't ride a horse (though it would be kind of cool) and the closest thing to armour i possess is my old fencing helmet and foil.
If you are not a damsel in distress then what need have you of a man who faces the world in a suit of impenetrable steel? I believe communication on all levels is an essential ingredient to any happy relationship. Steel armour, in the metaphorical sense, is a significant barrier.
I actually enjoy grocery shopping. I can cook reasonably well and keep a clean and tidy home. I even grow herbs and vegetables on my balcony.
The gym is not my scene though through having a good diet and having no fear of hard work I still cut a fairly trim figure.
Travelling is one of my favourite past times. The international departure lounge is an awesome spot to find oneself though the destinations, which for me are many and varied are far more important.
I'm not particularly stupid though alternatively I'm no genius. I'm reasonably good at taking photographs which is a good thing as I've made photography my lifetime career. I'm a competent musician which helps with my regular Tuesday night gig where I play bass and sometimes successfully entertain people.
I have two adult children who have grown wings as broad as albatross and soar about the planet as their father has and wishes to again.
The most efficient exercise I have discovered is to smile and the most rewarding to listen.
To laugh is to breath.
At a glance
|Age||55 years old||35 - 55 yrs old|
|Location||Brisbane City & Northern Suburbs, QLD||Within 100km of his|
|Relationship status||Divorced||Separated, Single, Divorced, Widowed|
|Height||6'0/183 cm||5'2/157 cm - 5'11/180 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Trying to quit, Occasionally / socially, Regularly, Don't smoke|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Pisces Check compatibility »|
|Personality||Social||Very Social, Social|
|Body type||Slim||Slim, Athletic|
|children & pets|
|Have children||Yes, have children who don't live at home||Yes, have children who don't live at home, Yes, have children living at home, No, have no children, Yes, have children living at home sometimes|
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine|
|career & education|
|Education level||Some college|
|Industry||Arts / Entertainment / Sport / Recreation|
|Job role||Business Owner|
|Political persuasion||No strong beliefs|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially, Often|
|Diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
Simple. Someone to share life, love and happiness with.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- Just about all. Music is a huge part of my life and I count many fabulous musicians amongst my close friends. Presently listening to Weather Report, Snarky Puppy, John Scofield and Haggis Horns
- Love to read as long as I wear my READING glasses otherwise its all a bit blurry.
- Movies & TV
- Very little television. Prefer directors to actors Cohen Brothers, Robert Altman, Bernardo Bertolucci, Alfred Hitchcock, John Ford, Scorsese, Marx Brothers, Three Stooges, Godzilla (great actor) and more. Sucker for a good romantic comedy and cried during The Note-book. Pop corn essential at cinemas
- Other Interests
- art, architecture, tall buildings, forests, people, flowers, rock walls, salads, cheese, writing, planting, moss, caves, fresh water streams, watching steam come out my mouth when I breath on cold winters mornings, skiing, wood, making camp fires, making people laugh and making every day Saturday