- Last online:
Headline“Kind-hearted gal looking for love!”
I'm kind, compassionate, honest and have integrity. I believe in treating others with respect. I believe in social justice. I'm a lifelong animal lover and my little pooch is my best friend. I'm interested in the world and like to think outside the box prescribed by the mainstream media.
I love vintage clothing, art, film, architecture and interior design and I'm involved in fashion events -- but as a person I'm very down to earth and a beach babe at heart. I work in the media and have an academic background ... Have travelled the globe and most recently spent time in New York which I reckon is right up there alongside London, Amsterdam and Paris - the most amazing cities on earth. I equally love a low key beach retreat in Bali or a roadtrip up the NSW north coast.
I believe in caring for others - and I never take for granted my good fortune. I am very aware of the privilege and plenitude we enjoy in the west so I aim to do my bit to make the world a better place :)
Other than that I also like to have fun and enjoy life!! Pretty much my favourite thing in the world is hanging out at chilled cafes chatting to friends or meeting new & interesting people -- and walking pooch by the seaside. Most weekends will find us ambling along the bronte to bondi coastal walk just loving the sunshine and fresh air.
The simple things in life are always the best! The beach. The sun, a great book, an excellent film, my piano, music and a bottle of wine shared with one's soulmate. Cake and coffee are right up there too! Friends and family. Health and happiness. I always try to appreciate the small stuff, the everyday things, because ultimately I think that's what is truly important in life.
Thanks and if any of this resonates with you, I'd love to hear from you!
At a glance
|Age||49 years old||40 - 50 yrs old|
|Location||Sydney - Inner West, NSW||Within 75km of her|
|Relationship status||Single||Widowed, Divorced, Single|
|Height||5'6/167 cm||at least 5'9/175 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|children & pets|
|Have children||No, have no children|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets|
|career & education|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Degree, Post Graduate|
|Industry||Advertising / PR / Media|
|Religion||Atheist||Atheist, Agnostic, Other|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||Left wing|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
What I'm looking for
A genuine, honest and kind-hearted man with integrity who knows his mind and is not afraid to speak it. Loves to communicate on the serious and the silly stuff. A guy with a wicked, subversive sense of humour to accompany me on life's adventures. Someone who has lived and is wise and caring.
- Male, for a relationship or dating
- Too eclectic to encompass in so few words - jazz, blues, 50s-70s folk, punk, hip hop! Blondie Dylan Elvis (both but especially the king) Goldfrapp Massive Attack Portishead Bowie AC/DC Libertines Elton John Leonard Cohen Johnny Cash Led Zep Doors Cat Power Beck Regina Spektor Nick Cave Lana del Rey
- My love of reading has been shelved somewhat lately due to the massive amount of text I read on a daily basis for work. Fave fiction Paul Auster, Siri Hustdevt, Margaret Atwood, Kundera. currently reading the latest A. M. Homes and whilst I love her as a novelist am yet to be convinced on this one.
- Movies & TV
- Mad Men, The Newsroom, Love, Homeland, Gruen Planet, Flight of Conchords, Girls ... erstwhile devotee of Six Feet Under & Sex and the City. Film: mainstream arthouse doco - anything as long as it's well-made and intelligent. Big fan of 40s film noir and 50s film Wilder, Sirk, Capra
- Keeping fit is my passion!! Aim for some sort of exercise everyday and have done so most of my adult life. Dance (previously ballet now jazz, broadway jazz or hip hop classes),Bikram yoga, Pilates, swimming, hiking, walking pooch, gym classes eg pump, cycling, boxing, body attack. I love it all!
- Other Interests
- Art design architecture - especially deco and mid-20C. Vintage clothing. Thought-provoking impassioned debate, philosophy politics sociology etc. Most definitely travel! Food coffee and wine. Social justice, environmentalism and hanging out with kind and lovely people! Summer in New York or Paris!