45, Male, Divorced, Toowoomba & Surrounds, QLD
- Last online:
- 22 Jun '18
HeadlineLife is a journey............
Being a reasonably private person, this whole 'reveal yourself to the world' thing takes a bit of doing but 'nothing ventured, nothing gained', so here goes nothing........
[Ahh, where to start?] I am a single professional guy with a great (some would say 'eclectic') bunch of friends, whose company I really enjoy. Food, wine, conversation and loads of laughter seem to be woven into the picture almost by osmosis when we're together.
Having sincere and long-lasting relationships with genuine, interesting people who display integrity and a sense of humour is one of the true essences of life, I believe. With that said, I am equally content in my own company or that of my family, which has always and will always come first.
I am an active person with a pretty busy life (who doesn't have?!). I am self-motivated, passionate and committed to what ever I take on (which is typically a fair bit) and I strive to do the best I can with those things.
I am a willing and, I think, able communicator who enjoys the interpersonal connection that good conversation yields. With me it is pretty much 'what you see is what you get'.
While circumstances dictate a certain 'busy-ness', I am focused on maintaining a balanced life and exercising, cooking, experiencing new places and things, and spending quality time (clichéd I know) with those important to me help me to do that.
I love to live, I love to laugh and I love to love. I am glad to say that I have plenty of life, laughter and love (from/for family and friends, I hasten to add!) in my life at present but a relationship with someone special would be great.
Life is a journey and one that is, I'm sure, best shared with the right person.
So, tell me a bit about yourself.........
At a glance
- 45 years old
- Toowoomba & Surrounds, QLD
- 6'1/185 cm
- Star sign - Scorpio
- Personality - Social
- Eye colour - Hazel
- Hair colour - Dark Brown
- Body Type - Average
- Sometimes have children at home
- Education - Post Graduate
- Occasional/social drinker
- No special diet
his ideal partner
- 33 - 46 years old
- Within 100km
- Single, Separated, Divorced, Widowed
- Occasional/social drinker
What I'm looking for
I¿m a happy and relatively content person who doesn¿t need someone to `complete them¿. That said, I'm ideally looking for someone to share the journey with.
- I have a diverse musical appetite, although unfortunately I have little musical ability myself! I love a live performance, be it a pop/rock concert, an opera or an acoustic rendition at a local pub or wine bar. I love 'easy listening'. Pop-wise, I prefer the 60's, 80's, early 90's and current tunes.
- Unfortunately I tend to read more for work than pleasure, although I do 'consume' a range of articles, short stories and (of course) recipes in my spare time. I would like to get more into novels, however, don't seem to have got there yet.
- Movies & TV
- Again, I enjoy all genres with the exception of horror - I'm not a wuss, I just find it disturbing and unentertaining. I'm happy to veg out on the couch at home but also love the cinema. At the risk of sounding boring, I don't watch much commercial TV, although don't mind the odd bit of 'trash'.
- I exercise most days, with my most regular pursuits being walking, swimming, tennis & the odd push-up (don't let that excite you though, I'm no iron man!). When time permits I enjoy a round of (very average) golf, bushwalking, cycling with the kids &, of course, a body surf & stroll along the beach.
- Other Interests
- I am interested people, culture, philosophical discussion/debate, politics (to an extent), health and wellbeing, food, wine and nutrition, and all things design related (from creative & fine arts and architecture through to product, service and organisational design).