make wine not war !
im South African born (Cape Town) and moved to NZ when i was 15. there i finished my schooling and went on to study viniculture (grape growing and winemaking).
i enjoy being active and taking on new challenges, and this includes the outdoors be it in the mountains or the surf. i also enjoy arts and culture and really enjoyed places like Munich and Paris which hold staggering collections of art.
family is very important to me, as too maintaining a solid network of good friends. i love hosting dinner parties and sampling beers and wines with mates. i also enjoy animals and pets.
despite "settling down" to full time employment, travelling is still very important to me. i would like to continue going overseas every couples years or so to keep the mind active, see old mates, eat proper cheese, etc. ive couchsurfed extensively, as well as hosted folk from CS.
i strum the guitar now and then, though my singing leaves much to be desired (earplugs included, i promise).
being non-judgemental and relaxed/naturally-ones-self are traits i think are key. a bright smile, honesty, and a heart for adventure are handy too.
At a glance
|Summary||WineGuySLC's details||WineGuySLC's ideal partner|
|Age||30 years old||22 - 35 yrs old|
|Location||Hobart City & Southern Region, TAS|
|Body type||Athletic||Slim, Average, Athletic|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Trying to quit, Don't smoke|
|Have children||No, have no children||No, have no children|
|Ethnic/cultural background||Other Caucasian|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Taurus Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|Education level||Post Graduate|
What I'm looking for
someone with local knowledge and some worldly sense; dedicated and passionate to what they love, but not consumed by it; someone natural, open-minded and open-handed; looking for new horizons but also happy with their own backyard. someone who enjoys a glass of wine, and occasional candlelit dinners
- Female, for a relationship, dating, friendship or companionship
- a real range from reggae (Peter Tosh), rock (Spin Doctors, Foo Fighters), and classical (Beethoven, Pavarotti & Bocelli), to real old school like Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Beatles. im also taken by music that isnt just songs on an album, but explorations of sound eg Radiohead. jazz is good too!
- was 100% fiction, then uni hit and i was 100% textbook. am pushing to find a good balance btwn. authors that come to mind are Tom Sharpe, George R.R Martin, Dahl, Sartre, Maugham, Attenborough, Coates MW, Steinbeck. having just finished "catch-22" im currenly reading "titus groan" and "cloud altas".
- Movies & TV
- Mrs Browns Boys is great! usually rather watch good movies tho. i range from western, to horror (especially old classics eg Night of the Living Dead) to psychological movies like Mr Brooks & 2001: Space Oddysey, to action like 300 & Predator, or drama like Sideways and Love Actually. & stop-motion!
- surfing. karate. the outdoors - fishing and hiking. cycling. soccer. cricket. squash. and i also enjoy chess.
- Other Interests
- despite my several left feet... im keen to have a go at learning salsa or bolero or something along those lines. massage. i play guitar. beer! writing (and postcards). i enjoy travel. art - both attempting and observing. l R learning french. making pancakes, pizza, and other delicious foods.
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if WineGuySLC is online now.
- Get to know WineGuySLC safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 25 Mar '15