make wine not war !
Im South African born and moved to NZ when I was 15. Subsequently I studied viticulture and oenology and work as a winemaker.
I enjoy being active and this includes the outdoors - from the mountains to the surf. I also enjoy arts and culture and really enjoyed places like Munich and Lyon for this.
Family is very important to me, as too maintaining a solid network of good friends.
I enjoy travel and would like to continue going overseas every couples years or so to keep the mind active, see old mates, and explore further this amazing world we live in. Ive couchsurfed extensively, as well as hosted folk from CS.
I strum the guitar now and then, though my singing leaves much to be desired (earplugs included, I promise).
Being non-judgemental and naturally-ones-self are traits I think are key. A bright smile, honesty, and a heart for adventure are handy too.
At a glance
|Summary||WineGuySLC's details||WineGuySLC's ideal partner|
|Age||31 years old||20 - 35 yrs old|
|Location||Hobart City & Southern Region, TAS|
|Body type||Athletic||Average, Athletic, Slim|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Trying to quit, Don't smoke|
|Have children||No, have no children||No, have no children|
|Ethnic/cultural background||Other Caucasian|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Taurus Check compatibility »|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|Education level||Post Graduate|
What I'm looking for
Someone dedicated and passionate about what they love, but not consumed by it; someone natural, open-minded and open-handed; looking for new horizons but also happy with their own backyard. Someone who enjoys a glass of wine, and occasional candlelit dinners; someone who enjoys a good laugh.
- Female, for a relationship, dating, friendship or companionship
- A wide range from reggae (Peter Tosh), rock (Spin Doctors, Foo Fighters), and classical (Beethoven, Pavarotti & Bocelli), to old school like Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Beatles. And jazz too, in the right setting.
- Was 100% fiction then uni hit and I was 100% textbook - am pushing to find a good balance btwn. Authors that come to mind are Tom Sharpe, George R.R Martin, Dahl, Sartre, Maugham, Attenborough, Coates MW, Atwood, and Steinbeck.
- Movies & TV
- Mrs Browns Boys is great! Usually rather watch good movies tho. I range from western, to horror (especially old classics eg Night of the Living Dead) to psychological movies like Mr Brooks & 2001: Space Oddysey, to action like 300 & Predator, or drama like Sideways and Love Actually. & stop-motion!
- surfing. karate. the outdoors - fishing and hiking. cycling. soccer. cricket. squash. And I also enjoy chess.
- Other Interests
- Im learning French. Writing. I enjoy travel and art. Pancakes, pizza, and other delicious foods. Growing my own vegetables. The weekend!
- Send a kiss to flirt and see if there is an initial attraction
- Open up a 30-day contact period* to send unlimited messages
- During the contact period you can also chat if WineGuySLC is online now.
- Get to know WineGuySLC safely and securely before you exchange your personal contact details
* One RSVP stamp is required per contact period.
- Last online:
- 25 Aug '15