- Last online:
- 29 Mar '17
Headline“Diving in the deep end, again....”
I joined about three years ago, took a few breaks, so why on earth am I still here......not an existential crisis, surely?
Friends say I'm intelligent, funny, and great company. But they would, wouldn't they, one would hope?
A health care professional, I've travelled and worked many places in the world; according to others, used to be a bit wild.....
My daughter is 21 yrs, just, and finishing University. I missed out on social fun for a while; it's time to enjoy female company again. Not wanting, or indeed expecting, to meet the love of my life straightaway........
Recently, I noticed that the Guardian newspaper (Guardian Soul Mate) allowed a number of choices (any or all), which included just friends/ let's see what happens/ a fling/ long term relationship/marriage. So practical, so sensible, so realistic.
I like that, and try to be completely straightforward.
I divide my time between Sydney and Killcare, a very beautiful beach suburb adjacent to Bouddi National Park on the Central Coast of NSW.
At a glance
|Age||65 years old||48 - 66 years old|
|Location||Sydney City, NSW||Within 10km|
|Relationship status||Single||Divorced, Widowed, Single, Separated, Attached / married / seeking friends only|
|Height||5'10/177 cm||5'0/152 cm - 5'9/175 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke, Trying to quit, Occasionally / socially|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian||White / Caucasian, Other, Mixed Race, Asian|
|Personality||Social||Very Social, Social|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Body type||Average||Average, Slim, A bit overweight, Athletic|
|children & pets|
Yes, have children living at home sometimes
||Yes, have children who don't live at home, Yes, have children living at home, Yes, have children living at home sometimes|
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own but yours are fine||Don't want any (more) of my own or anyone else's|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets||Yes, have pets|
|career & education|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Diploma, Post Graduate, Degree|
|Industry||Healthcare / Medical|
|Job role||Professional||Senior Management, Professional, Executive, Business Owner|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||No strong beliefs, Left wing, Swinging voter|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
Intelligent, funny, and very warm. I admire honesty and straight talking a great deal.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- I adore music (most kinds, not all). It occupies a lot of my life. I have tried to sing and play instruments, not always very successfully. I have a keen ear, and can pick up accents and dialects, am quite good at languages, and love poetry, though certainly need to know more about the technicals...
- I read all the time when I can, all sorts, from thrillers to biographies, even plays.
- Movies & TV
- I'd like to get out more to movies, but not TV, (except the quality serials), perhaps I just turn TV on at the wrong time, it always seems to be a reality show........
- When I was young, I was a good rugby player, and passable at tennis and golf. Now, I am still interested in events, (but don't play them too much, more's the pity...)
- Other Interests
- Theatre, big time. Have I mentioned travel already? Most folks do, of course, and many profiles are just travelogues. I spent 2 yrs just travelling when I was younger, and haven't really stopped. Used to write a bit for Lonely Planet.