66, Male, Single, Sydney City, NSW
- Last online:
HeadlineDiving in the deep end again....!
I joined about three years ago, took a few breaks, so why on earth am I still here......not an existential crisis, surely?
Friends say I'm intelligent, funny, and great company. But they would, wouldn't they, one would hope?
A health care professional, usually on the front line, I've travelled and worked many places in the world; according to others, used to be a bit wild.....
My daughter is 21 yrs old, and has just finished University. I missed out on social fun for a while; it's time to enjoy female company again. Not wanting, or indeed expecting, to meet the love of my life straightaway........
Recently, I noticed that the Guardian newspaper (Guardian Soul Mate) allowed a number of choices (any or all), which included just friends/ let's see what happens/ a fling/ long term relationship/marriage. So practical, so sensible, so realistic.
By the way, on this particular site, (sssh...) the s.x word is never, ever used, whereas on other less salubrious sites, they can hardly talk about anything else....which is possibly worse!
I divide my time between Sydney and Killcare, a very beautiful beach suburb adjacent to Bouddi National Park on the Central Coast of NSW. I enjoy visiting regional Australia several times a year for elective work, and sometimes, the the more remote, the better!
At a glance
|Age||66 years old||48 - 68 years old|
|Location||Sydney City, NSW||Within 10km|
|Relationship status||Single||Widowed, Divorced, Attached (Seeking friends), Separated, Single|
|Height||5'10/177 cm||5'0/152 cm - 5'9/175 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Trying to quit, Occasionally / socially, Don't smoke|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian||Asian, White / Caucasian, Other, Mixed Race|
|Personality||Very Social||Very Social, Social|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Body type||A bit overweight||Slim, Athletic, Average, A bit overweight|
|children & pets|
Yes, have children living at home sometimes
||Living with them, Don't live with them, Sometimes living with them|
|Wants children||Doesn't want children||Doesn't want children|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets||Yes, have pets|
|career & education|
|Education level||Post Graduate||Post Graduate, Degree, Diploma|
|Industry||Healthcare / Medical|
|Job role||Professional||Business Owner, Executive, Professional, Senior Management|
|Political persuasion||Left wing||Swinging voter, No strong beliefs, Left wing|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
Brains are sexy, so- intelligent, funny, then lots of cuddles and sex, or does it sound better the other way round? I like plain talk. I've viewed many profiles with demands. But one wrote quite honestly, "I have container loads of baggage, but I don't expect you to carry it" Honest, and brilliant!
- I adore music (most kinds, not all). I have tried to sing and play instruments, not very successfully. I have a keen ear, can pick up accents and dialects, quite good at languages, and love poetry, for its musicality as much as its sense. Besides concerts, I'm in seventh heaven at rehearsal time.
- I read all the time when I can, much more than I used to, all sorts, from thrillers to biographies, even plays. And foodie books, I have quite a collection! Also travel books, the ones written by travellers, not just guidebooks. Another large collection. Not forgetting theatrical memoirs.
- Movies & TV
- I'd like to get out more to movies, but not TV, (except the quality serials), perhaps I just turn TV on at the wrong time, it always seems to be a reality show........
- When I was young, I was a good rugby player, and passable at tennis and golf. Now, I am still interested in events, (but don't play them too much, more's the pity...)
- Other Interests
- I did quite a lot of acting when I was young. Still entranced by theatre, mainstream and fringe. Travel? Many profiles are just travelogues. I spent 2 yrs just travelling after university, and haven't really stopped. Used to write a little for Lonely Planet.