- Last online:
Headline“Character is how you treat someone who can do nothing for you”
Happy in my skin but would still like to meet a nice woman for friendship & see if something develops. Enjoy being with a woman who is positive and self motivated & encourager; gentle yet knows her own mind + holds to her convictions. I prefer coffee and conversation to night clubs/pubs. A thoroughly domesticated bachelor who knows how to cook a meal and look after himself. May not be a brilliant chef but I get by & I even make the bed each day! lol. Might take a while to get to know the real me as i am a bit shy at first and my social graces are a bit rusty (am willing to take lessons lol). I am more comfortable in one-on-one encounters than in a crowd but I am honest, upfront and don't play games. Those that take the time to get to know me will discover someone genuinely trustworthy, respectful, sincere, emotionally open, romantic, loyal and a good listener. If nothing else, I will probably make a good and understanding friend. I'm looking for a friendship first and hopefully in time a relationship of substance...not a quick fix. I believe I am down to earth and not pretentious so I do not get caught up to much in materialistic pursuits, even though I have flown First Class once ¿. I have a broad range of interests and hope to still be "bending boomerangs" mentally when I am 80. I prefer chatting face to face rather than text messages or email - because conversations get taken out of context way too easily in those mediums. I'm looking for a single, down to earth woman; enjoys weekends away; go out for a meal/coffee or a movie & enjoys spending time with my family. Outside of touch footy I don't have a wide circle of friends. I have/enjoy simple tastes + simple pleasures - TV with Thai takeaway/Pizza on Fri nights. :) I like to travel. Dont drink or gamble.
At a glance
|Age||56 years old||48 - 53 years old|
|Location||Sydney - Inner West, NSW||Within 50km|
|Height||5'11/180 cm||5'1/154 cm - 5'10/177 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Body type||Average||Slim, Athletic, Average|
|children & pets|
Yes, have children who don't live at home
||Sometimes living with them, No children, Don't live with them|
|Wants children||Doesn't want children||Doesn't want children|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|career & education|
|Education level||High School|
|Political persuasion||Right wing|
|Diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
A woman who knows her own mind. Privately playful and passionate. Eyes that reveal what words can't express; wise, gentle, compassionate & faithful. As Grace Kelly said to Cary Grant in To Catch A Thief "Why dear, no-one will give you a woman like that. You have to go catch her."
- Like 70s + 80s (Blondie & Belinda Carlisle top the list) and rely on my daughter to keep me abreast of more recent talents like Regina Spektor, Florance & Machine, Ellie Goulding, Sara Bareilles, Lana Del Ray
- History, sociology, apologetics, philosophy, business + finance. I like Tom Wolfe, Michel Houllbeq, Wilbur Smith's earlier works, John Steinbeck, Edward Rutherfurd + some crime fiction (Jo Nesbo, Henning Mankel).
- Movies & TV
- The Affair, Game Of Thrones, Billions, Suits, Vikings, Mad Men, X Factor, Dancing With Stars, Seinfelfd(still) Friday Night Football. Movies - all types incl foreign. I enjoy movies :)
- Touch Footy (State & National level). Enjoy bedroom sports that aren't confined to the bedroom (that's a joke - ok). Enjoy watching NFL. I still watch NRL but less each year - a bit disillusioned by that sport.
- Other Interests
- Reading bio, Philosophy + sociology, Christian Apologetics, Movies, Business Finance, Trivia Nights. Would like to travel more - just returned from 2 weeks in Iceland. Happy even just to go back to US again and visit the national parks, Niagra, Yellowstone, Rushmore. Interested in Swe/Nor + Greenlnd