- Last online:
Headline“Character is how you treat someone who can do nothing for you”
Happy in my skin but would still like to meet for friendship first and see if something develops with someone special. I enjoy being with a woman who is positive and self motivated; gentle yet knows her own mind and holds to her convictions. I prefer coffee and conversation to night clubs/pubs. I am a thoroughly domesticated bachelor who knows how to cook a meal and look after himself. I may not be a brilliant chef but I get by - and I even make the bed each day! lol
Might take a while to get to know the real me as i am a bit shy and my social graces are a bit rusty (am willing to take lessons lol). I am honest and upfront and don't play games. I prefer chatting face to face rather than text messages or email - because conversations get taken out of context way too easily in those mediums...I am down to earth, not pretentious, and have a broad range of interests. I hope I am still bending boomerangs when I am 80. I am somewhat shy at first but those that get to know me will discover someone genuinely trustworthy, respectful, sincere, emotionally open, romantic, loyal and a good listener. If nothing else, I will probably make a good and understanding friend. I'm looking for a friendship/relationship of substance...not a quick fix.
I'm looking for a single, down to earth woman. Someone who enjoys weekends away; to go out for a meal or coffee or to a movie and enjoys spending time with my family and friends. One of my favourite things is to just get takeaway on a Fri/Sat night watch a movie or TV series together
and a few laughs. I dont drink or gamble except for a very occasional flutter at the casino. I enjoy travelling but want a new best friend to share with. I'm looking for a long trm relationship with a reliable, stable person with GSOH and can hold a conversation
At a glance
|Age||54 years old||48 - 53 yrs old|
|Location||Sydney - Inner West, NSW|
|Height||5'10/177 cm||5'1/154 cm - 5'10/177 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Body type||Average||Average, Slim, Athletic|
|children & pets|
Yes, have children who don't live at home
||Yes, have children who don't live at home, No, have no children, Yes, have children living at home sometimes|
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own or anyone else's||Don't want any (more) of my own ask me about yours, Don't want any (more) of my own or anyone else's|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|career & education|
|Education level||High School|
|Political persuasion||Right wing|
|Diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
A woman who knows her own mind. Privately playful and passionate. Eyes that reveal what words can't express; wise, gentle, compassionate & faithful. As Grace Kelly said to Cary Grant in To Catch A Thief "Why dear, no-one will give you a woman like that. You have to go catch her."
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- Like 70s + 80s (Blondie & Belinda Carlisle top the list) and rely on my daughter to keep me abreast of more recent talents like Regina Spektor, Florance & Machine, Ellie Goulding, Sara Bareilles, Lana Del Ray
- History, sociology, apologetics, philosophy, business + finance. I like Tom Wolfe, Michel Houllbeq, Wilbur Smith's earlier works, John Steinbeck + some crime fiction (Jo Nesbo, Mankel Henning).
- Movies & TV
- The Affair, Game Of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Vikings, Mad Men, X Factor, Dancing With Stars, Friday Night Football. Movies - all types incl foreign. I enjoy movies :)
- Touch Footy (State & National level). Enjoy bedroom sports that aren't confined to the bedroom (that's a joke - ok). Enjoy watching NFL & MLBaseball (Dodgers, Giants). I still watch NRL but a bit disillusioned
- Other Interests
- Reading bio, Philosophy + sociology, Christian Apologetics, Movies, Business Finance, Trivia Nights. Would like to travel more - Europe, maybe South America. Happy even just to go back to US again (would like to travel from NYC to Boston via Long island, go to pacific NW).