- Last online:
- 04 May '16
Headline“Life isn't fair but it's more fair than death!”
Happy in my skin but would still like to meet someone I can form friendship with, take it slowly and hopefully see if something develops with someone special. I enjoy being with a woman who is positive and self motivated; gentle yet knows her own mind and holds to her convictions. I prefer coffee and conversation to night clubs/pubs. I am a thoroughly domesticated bachelor who knows how to cook a meal and look after himself. I may not be a brilliant chef but I get by - and I even make the bed each day! lol
Might take a while to get to know the real me as i probably think way too much and my social graces are a bit rusty (am willing to take lessons lol). I am honest and upfront and don't play games. I prefer chatting face to face rather than text messages or email - because conversations get taken out of context way too easily in those mediums...I am down to earth, not pretentious, and have a broad range of interests. I hope I am still bending boomerangs when I am 80. I am somewhat shy at first but those that get to know me will discover someone genuinely trustworthy, respectful, sincere, emotionally open, romantic, loyal and a good listener. If nothing else, I will probably make a good and understanding friend.
I'm looking for a single, down to earth woman. Someone who enjoys weekends away; to go out for a meal or coffee or to a movie and enjoys spending time with my family and friends. One of my favourite things is to just get takeaway on a Fri/Sat night watch a movie or TV series together
and a few laughs. I dont drink or gamble except for a very occasional flutter at the casino. I enjoy travelling but want a new best friend to share with. I'm looking for a long trm relationship with a reliable, stable person with a GSOH and who wants to spend time with me.
At a glance
|Age||54 years old||48 - 53 yrs old|
Sydney - Inner West, NSW
|Height||5'10/177 cm||5'1/154 cm - 5'10/177 cm|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Ethnicity/background||White / Caucasian|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Body type||Average||Average, Athletic, Slim|
|children & pets|
Yes, have children who don't live at home
||Yes, have children who don't live at home, Yes, have children living at home sometimes, No, have no children|
|Wants children||Don't want any (more) of my own or anyone else's||Don't want any (more) of my own ask me about yours, Don't want any (more) of my own or anyone else's|
|Have pets||No, like pets but do not have any|
|career & education|
|Education level||High School|
|Political persuasion||Right wing|
|Diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
A woman who knows her own mind. Privately playful and passionate. Eyes that reveal what words can't express; wise, gentle, compassionate & faithful. As Grace Kelly said to Cary Grant in To Catch A Thief "Why dear, no-one will give you a woman like that. You have to go catch her."
- Female, for a relationship, dating, friendship or companionship
- Like 70s + 80s (Blondie & Belinda Carlisle top the list) and rely on my daughter to keep me abreast of more recent talents like Regina Spektor, Florance & Machine, Ellie Goulding, Sara Bareilles, Lana Del Ray
- History, sociology, apologetics, philosophy, business + finance. I like Tom Wolfe, Wilbur Smith's older works, John Steinbeck + some crime fiction (Jo Nesbo). Just finished Peyton Place - now I understand what all the fuss was about in the 50s.
- Movies & TV
- Mad Men, Modern Family, Game Of Thrones, X Factor, Dancing With Stars, Beauty & the Geek (gotta have something to laugh at) Walking Dead, Friday Night Football. Movies - all types incl foreign. I enjoy movies
- Touch Footy (State & National level). Enjoy bedroom sports that aren't confined to the bedroom (that's a joke - ok). Enjoy watching NFL MLBaseball & NRL (but not as much as I used to....it has become a very spiteful game)
- Other Interests
- Biographies, Philosophy, Christian Apologetics, Movies, Business Finance, Trivia Nights. Would like to travel more - Europe, maybe South America. Happy even just to go back to US again.