- Last online:
- 24 Jun '17
Headline“Educated country boy”
I am a fairly typical country boy. I enjoy outdoor pursuits, am pretty fit and generally capable of achieving whatever I choose to turn my hand too.
I have the privilege of a university education and have spent a number of years working in a forest consulting role (govt). I am happy enough in the city, but my long-term interest is to return to the family farm in central west NSW which I have been able to achieve in the last 12 months.
I have spent a lot of time travelling throughout Australia and have also ventured overseas in the past, with the US and perhaps Egypt and Japan other places that I would like to spend some time.
I am independent, ambitious, lateral thinking, perhaps a little "old fashioned" in my values. I am close to my family.
I like the idea of true romance - dinner at a nice restaurant, walks along the beach (or around the lake), spending time together, a nice weekend away in the Blue Mountains or Canberra.
I am genuinely interested in meeting and settling down with the "right" girl. In theory, I should be a good catch for anyone interested in a rural lifestyle, raising a family together, shared business opportunities. Maybe I have my expectations set too high, maybe I am just a bit of an acquired taste. Worth the effort, for anyone that is prepared to take a chance!
At a glance
|Age||44 years old||25 - 45 years old|
|Location||Dubbo & Orana, NSW||Within 500km|
|Smoking habits||Don't smoke||Don't smoke|
|Sign of the Zodiac||Sagittarius Check compatibility »|
|Hair colour||Dark Brown|
|Body type||Athletic||A bit overweight, Average, Athletic, Slim|
|children & pets|
|Have children||No, have no children|
|Wants children||Want (more) children of my own||Wants children|
|Have pets||Yes, have pets|
|career & education|
|Job role||Business Owner|
|Drinking habits||Occasionally / socially|
|Diet||No special diet||No special diet|
What I'm looking for
Looking for a down-to-earth girl, ideally with a little class and sophistocation, but grounded enough to handle a rural lifestyle. A young lady who is fun, ambitious and affectionate. Someone with whom I can be friends and share what life has to offer, together.
- Female, for a relationship or dating
- My collection is mainly country. However my tastes are fairly broad and include most of the 70's/80's pop classics and alternative (U2, Dire Straights, Elton John, Madonna) material.
- Never seem to find enough time to do a lot of reading. Mainly work related or financial, unfortunately.
- Movies & TV
- Gone in 60 seconds, Shakespeare in Love, Pearl Harbour, Cold Mountain. I loved Walk the line (sorry bit of a country music buff, perhaps a closet romantic?). I enjoy the escapism of the movies but rarely make the effort on my own.
- Volleyball, cricket. Enjoy most outdoor pursuits - hiking, camping, etc. Played competitive volleyball for a number of years but have been a bit quiet on the sports of late.
- Other Interests
- Enjoy bushwalking and photography. Am pretty handy with carpentry or most things that I turn my hand too (antiques, clocks, etc). Involved with the design and construction of displays at Sydney and Brisbane Agricultural shows. Enjoy spending time at home on the family farm.