53, Male, Single, Sydney - Eastern Suburbs, NSW
- Last online:
HeadlineActive sociable bloke looking for fun, excitement and someone to share it with
Things I like... swimming at the beach most mornings, occasional motorcycling on Sundays outside of the city, coffee, occasional live music either contemporary, jazz and even the odd classical, opera or blues (basically anything but heavy metal or typical Top 40) and coffee overlooking Coogee Beach.
I enjoy travelling, managing to get to Europe usually once a year, especially Germany and Austria, to see friends and travel around, maybe a conference or 2. But also to France, Switzerland, England... anywhere I have friends and maybe a few other places.
I love the media and read news and current affairs religiously, maybe too much so, but then I can justify that it's work related!
And I guess now that I have a gorgeous little dog, you must have a fondness for dogs too. I'm pretty smitten with my little girl and she keeps me active. She's also a friendly little girl so there's plenty of room for another woman. :)
I love food, enjoy cooking and eat mostly organic food at home, but love eating out, especially Thai, Italian, French and modern Australian food. But I have a weakness for kettle chips and Natural Confectionery Company lollies! I'm working on that one. :)
Coffee is a passion. I have my own espresso machine on which I can make a fantastic coffee! On Saturday mornings at least I try and get out and about to one of my regular places for breakfast, either with friends or the newspaper.
I work for myself and have done so full time for 10 years, which is great as I can travel and work, or just have a siesta if I really think I must. :) And spend more time with my dog!
And while the preference is for someone close by, someone further away is fine if they don't mind spending time closer to the city areas. I even contemplate moving to Newcastle sometimes. Who knows.
At a glance
- 53 years old
- Sydney - Eastern Suburbs, NSW
- 6'0/183 cm
- White / Caucasian
- Star sign - Aquarius
- Personality - Social
- Eye colour - Blue
- Hair colour - Bald
- Body Type - Average
- Have no children
- Have pets
- Education - Post Graduate
- Other industry
- Business Owner
- Left wing
- Occasional/social drinker
- No special diet
his ideal partner
- 39 - 53 years old
- Within 10km
- Trying to quit smoking, Occasional/social smoker, Non-smoker
- Body Type - Slim, Average, Athletic
- Sometimes have children at home, Have no children at home, Have children at home, Have no children
- Swinging voter, No strong political beliefs, Left wing
What I'm looking for
I'm looking for someone I'm attracted to, someone who can make me smile and who can cope with my desire for my daily swim regardless of anything else!!! Someone who can go from dressing up for a nice dinner or the opera to trainers and jeans on weekends for breakfast in a cafe or the cinema.
- Johnny Cash, Go Betweens, Badly Drawn Boy, U2, Prince, Ed Kuepper, Paul Kelly, Lily Allen, Rufus Wainwright, Loudon Wainwright III, John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Willie Nelson, KT Tunstall, Laura Marling... the list goes on and on and on... watching Later with Jools Holland to hear new music
- mostly newspapers... The Australian, The Economist, The Guardian, Independent, New York Times, Washington Post...
- Movies & TV
- very rarely the Hollywood blockbuster... more Academy Twin for films... on TV, Four Corners, Gruen, MASH, most of the ABC Australian dramas, Have I Got News For You, Later, QI, lots of BBC via the web (even in Australia, where there's a will there's a way!), a bit of SBS...
- I swim and cycle, and enjoy watching rugby union, cricket, some motor racing such as F1 and MotoGP, cycling (Tour de France), bits of the Olympics, snooker... but not much else...
- Other Interests
- Curious about the world, motorcycling, the ocean, Europe - especially Austria, Germany, France and England, but also other places. And as Graham Norton said: You're far better off finding ways to enjoy the life you're living than mourning the life you're not, which is a double whammy of unhappiness